Advanced Search

Re: Metal as plastic – forum ideas

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Robert Nash
    Participant
    • Topics: 5
    • Replies: 164

Thanks for the comments. I’ll delve into creating some new areas – any suggestions for starting off?

Can you do ‘sub topics ‘ off of a main Topic.. If so then, perhaps under the:

Techniques and Sharpening Strategies
    Share your techniques and strategies here. We’re always learning from each other and growing the body of knowledge.

Basic Techniques and Sharpening Strategies:
    Just starting out with your Wicked Edge, check in here for basic users tips

Advanced Techniques and Sharpening Strategies:
    Are you almost an ‘Old Pro’ with WE, check in here for advanced discussions

Thoughts/Theories/Science Related to Sharpening Strategies:
    Sharp edges and cutting tools are a big subject. Drop off your specialized knowledge
    and related links here.[/quote]

I was also thinking it might be great to have an area under the “Techniques and Strategies” for specific blade types/grinds – like the Kris blades and Scandi grind discussions going on now – that people could easily refer to. Not quite sure how to organize that efficiently yet – I’m sure that others would have ideas. Perhaps:

Tips for Specific Knife Grinds and Styles:
    Share your techniques, strategies and experience sharpening specific grinds and blade styles

Also, does the search feature work inside the forum? Would be great to be able to search the forum to find things you are looking for too.

Thanks Clay!
    Bob

wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

I have created new categories as suggested by Dan and Bob underneath the Sharpening Techniques and Strategies category which can be seen in the forum index.

-Clay

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.