Advanced Search

problem

Recent Forums Main Forum Welcome Mat problem

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Alva summerall
    Participant
    • Topics: 4
    • Replies: 6

ok guys here is a problem. I have ran into maybe someone can help. I started working at the fle market sharping pocket knifes but some of them are to small to put on the WE. I have been getting them as close to the tip of the vice as I can, but I am woundering is this thowing off the proper angle or is this just the way you have to do it. Or is the some other way

wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

ok guys here is a problem. I have ran into maybe someone can help. I started working at the fle market sharping pocket knifes but some of them are to small to put on the WE. I have been getting them as close to the tip of the vice as I can, but I am woundering is this thowing off the proper angle or is this just the way you have to do it. Or is the some other way

To get to lower angles on narrow knives, you do have to position the blade higher in the clamp. You can get to some pretty low angles this way. The angles are accurate when the edge of the knife is 5/8″ above the top of the clamp. If the edge is sitting higher or lower, it will affect the angle a little. You can use an angle cube (or the inclinometer app on a smartphone) to get the angle just right.

After I position the knife, I make a light pencil mark on the jaws at the level of the knife spine for re-indexing the knife later.

-Clay

Alva summerall
    Participant
    • Topics: 4
    • Replies: 6

ty clay i was hopeing i was doing it right i have not got a cube yet and not sure on how to use it but that will be my next purchase

Leo James Mitchell
    Participant
    • Topics: 64
    • Replies: 687

ty clay i was hopeing i was doing it right i have not got a cube yet and not sure on how to use it but that will be my next purchase

Using the cube is a cinch! Let us know when you get it and we will talk you through it, I will do it with some pictures so it will be clearer. OK mate?

Cheers
    Leo

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.