Advanced Search

Paperstone Base Discontinued?

Recent Forums Main Forum Sharpener and Accessory Maintenance Paperstone Base Discontinued?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    NickedEdge
    Participant
    • Topics: 9
    • Replies: 53

While I’m over here I keep playing with my order cart and evaluating accessories so I can order without hesitation as soon as I return to the States. Yesterday I happened to notice that the paperstone base option I wanted doesn’t appear to be offered any longer. Did I miss something?

• This topic was modified 5 years, 10 months ago by NickedEdge.
    Expidia
    Participant
    • Topics: 47
    • Replies: 339

I’m seeing 20 WE paperstone bases currently in stock on Amazon and sold by WE.  If it was me, I’d spend the extra $10 and get the WE aluminum base.  By the shipping weight between the two of them the aluminum shows 2 lbs heavier.  I’d prefer a weightier base, just my opinion.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 10 months ago by Expidia.
    1 user thanked author for this post.
    NickedEdge
    Participant

I’m seeing 20 WE paperstone bases currently in stock on Amazon and sold by WE.

Thanks Expidia, its just interesting they don’t show them available on the website itself. Comment duly noted and appreciated Re: aluminum base.

wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

@NickedEdge we have pretty much run through our source of Paperstone for bases. The supply will probably be exhausted in about 2 months, so we pulled it from the website but still have it available for dealers who are selling it on Amazon. We’re looking at other options to replace the Paperstone, but that’s actually a tougher bill to fill than it seems. It’s got to be durable, waterproof or highly water resistant, machinable, heavy enough but not too heavy.

-Clay

2 users thanked author for this post.
    NickedEdge
    Participant

Thanks for the explanation Clay. I do like the idea of recycled materials but they don’t always work out in the ways one expects…The granite base is sweet but weight is a consideration in my particular case (not much in the way of workshop space). I have looked at hardwood cutting boards as a substitute but the time, energy and $ involved really don’t make that a viable alternative for me. Expidia brought up some good points about the aluminum base so for a mere 10$ more I’m pretty sure that’s what I’ll do.

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.