Advanced Search

noob question regarding 2nd screw vise spring

Recent Forums Main Forum noob question regarding 2nd screw vise spring

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    almost Rahman
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 3

hi all, need help. title says it basically. bought a new we100 system off Amazon couple of weeks ago. in the eagerness didn’t pay real close attention to the manual. i thought the bottom vise screw is really tight. so I took it off, put it back on couple of times not realizing there is a spring there. long story short after using it for 5~6 knives the spring came off. so the system is unusable at the moment.

I don’t exactly know what is the proper position of spring is, does the bottom screw screws into the spring or pushes it? please let me know. any advice will be appreciated.

thanks all.

Marc H
    • Topics: 74
    • Replies: 2735

welcome to the Wicked Edge Forum almost Rahman.  I believe, based on your description, the spring is the helicoil thread insert,that became dislodged.

I believe you’ll need to cal Wicked Edge Customer Service for a replacement.  I don’t believe they will repair it.  I suggest you read the manual or watch YouTube videos on clamping knives with the W.E. when you get restarted.  Sorry for your inconvenience.

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

1 user thanked author for this post.
    almost Rahman
    Participant

thanks for the quick response, that is the spring. it’s hard to believe that I don’t have a simpler solution like putting it back in…..

Marc H
    • Topics: 74
    • Replies: 2735

You may be able to reinsert it if you have the appropriate sized helicoil tool.  I don’t know if they are just fitted into place or if a glue is used.  I have no personal experience with the system.

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

1 user thanked author for this post.
    almost Rahman
    Participant

thanks again, maybe someone may know if the spring is re insertable or not.

developer (ChrisB)
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 52
    • Replies: 263

I think this is one for a support ticket with the Wicked Edge team, https://support.wickededgeusa.com/portal/newticket.

I hope you’re able to get it back up and functioning soon.

Working to make knife.wickededgeusa.com a great forum!

2 users thanked author for this post.
    almost Rahman
    Participant

thanks I just submitted a ticket.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.