Advanced Search

Newbie From Texas!

Recent Forums Main Forum Welcome Mat Newbie From Texas!

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    dmsaez
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 9

Alrighty folks…first knife sharpened (somewhat) on WE 100 Pro-Pack 1.  Took quite a bit of material off to get to a decent bevel.  As per the WE, set it to 17 degrees (angle cube will arrive Monday) for this utility knife.  This is not the same one I shared images of…that one will be saved until I gain a bit more experience (same family of four “cheap” knives).  A heck of a lot sharper than when originally started, but does not past paper test with flying colors (i’m sure that will come with more experience and system break-in).  All CC accepted (i’m pretty thick skinned).  Thank you both for the guidance…

By the way…did not use leather strops yet, just want to focus on the basics first.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 5 months ago by dmsaez.
    Attachments:
    2 users thanked author for this post.
    Organic
    Participant
    • Topics: 17
    • Replies: 929

I’d say that looks pretty good for a first attempt. My first edges did not smoothly slice paper either. The strops help with that a lot more than you might expect.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Marc H
    • Topics: 74
    • Replies: 2735

ditto strops…big difference, especially if doing paper slice test.  Are your stones broken in yet?  That can require 10 or more knifes sharpened with them to see them come around.

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

1 user thanked author for this post.
    dmsaez
    Participant

One knife down, 9 to go.  I have 3 more of the same brand that should get sharpened this weekend.  I may come back to this one to finish it up with the strops next week.  Thx

dmsaez
    Participant

I’d say that looks pretty good for a first attempt. My first edges did not smoothly slice paper either. The strops help with that a lot more than you might expect.

Thanks Organic!

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.