Advanced Search

New Purchase

Recent Forums Main Forum Sharpening as a Business New Purchase

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Dave
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 1

Hello everybody.My name is Dave and I live in Canada.I operate a small backyard sharpening service.I use free hand stones and edge pro.I would like to try the Wicked Edge.Which model should I buy? I am not concerned about the price.

Organic
    Participant
    • Topics: 17
    • Replies: 929

Welcome Dave,

If price is no issue then I recommend the Pro Pack 3 or the WE 130. I have the Gen 3 pro and really like it, but the WE130 / PP3 has more flexibility with the individually adjustable angles and a wider angle range. The PP3 is basically a one and done purchase with a wide variety of adapters and abrasives to cover most sharpening situations.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Dave
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 1

What type of material is the base made of on the PP3 ?

Marc H
    • Topics: 74
    • Replies: 2735

Welcome to the Wicked Edge Forum, Dave.   Your question is very subjective.  Lots of us users have our opinions.  I will share mine.  I have not used every model in the line up but I have used all the base mounted WEPS models made in the last 5-6 years.

For the variety of knife styles, shapes, sizes and blade grinds and bevel configurations, (including uneven bevels and asymmetrical grinds), included accessories and just “bang for your buck”, I don’t believe the Pro-Pack III which includes the WE130 sharpener, can be beat.  It utilizes the most recent single lever floating cam vice with the split jaws and tension adjustment; the most simple vice to use Wicked Edge offers.  It includes a very complete array of sharpening stones, and strops plus additional accessories you’d probably end up purchasing eventually to aid in precisely sharpening, polishing, and clamping knives consistently and repeatably.  All this is at a price savings compared to if you’re purchasing everything separately.  It also includes a hard rolling carrying case.   It really is everything you need to turn out professional results once you learn how to use it properly.  IMO the Pro Pack III can’t be matched, everything considered.

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Marc H
    • Topics: 74
    • Replies: 2735

PP3 now uses a aluminum base to fit in the case and for weight considerations for portability.

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.