Advanced Search

New packages

Recent Forums Main Forum Suggestion Box New packages

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Kennith Chan
    Participant
    • Topics: 4
    • Replies: 41

Since there are the Shaptons, Chosera and possibly new Ceramic stones arriving that cover the entire range from coarse to Super fine.

Is there a way to make different pro packages for example:

1. Diamond Package – Basic – Diamond only stones
    2. Chosera Package – Pro 1 – Chosera only stones, possibly with 50/80 Diamond for re-profiling
    3. Shapton Package – Pro 2 – Shapton only stones, possibly with 50/80 Diamond for re-profiling

From what I understand the different mediums sharpen the edge differently and would be nice if one could choose a medium and work with those right from the start to end.

wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

Since there are the Shaptons, Chosera and possibly new Ceramic stones arriving that cover the entire range from coarse to Super fine.

Is there a way to make different pro packages for example:

1. Diamond Package – Basic – Diamond only stones
    2. Chosera Package – Pro 1 – Chosera only stones, possibly with 50/80 Diamond for re-profiling
    3. Shapton Package – Pro 2 – Shapton only stones, possibly with 50/80 Diamond for re-profiling

That way one does not have to buy Diamond Stones, but still get the benefit of getting a “discount” for buying a set of stones.

This is a very good idea! I’ll work on that and see what we can come up with. Thank you!

-Clay

Kennith Chan
    Participant

Was thinking that if the handles were made in such a way as to be able to swap out the different medium. That way you have a generic handle and people could just snap in the stones they wanted.

That way it will keep the costs down as people won’t have to buy handles for every 2 grit.

Also for those that have multiple mediums for different steels it would just be a matter of sawpping the stones out.

don griffith
    Participant
    • Replies: 51

Was thinking that if the handles were made in such a way as to be able to swap out the different medium. That way you have a generic handle and people could just snap in the stones they wanted.

That way it will keep the costs down as people won’t have to buy handles for every 2 grit.

Also for those that have multiple mediums for different steels it would just be a matter of sawpping the stones out.

Some of us are color blind, and need the printed labels on the handle. Some of us are illiterate, and need the colors on the handle. 🙂

wickededge
    Keymaster

We’re actively pursuing a design like this.

-Clay

Kennith Chan
    Participant

Also a set would mean that the stone heights would be the same so the angle would be the same from the range. I am understanding that if one was to swap from the Diamonds to the other ones there is a slight variance in the angle.

With the water stones the stones would wear at a different rate. So angle cube accessory.?

Kennith Chan
    Participant

Clay I know it has been very busy recently and with the show coming up you will have even less time. Have you had a chance to look at pricing for packages using one brand across the grit ranges.

After seeing the progressions done by Tom and the difference in the edges. I think this makes quite a bit more sense now.

wickededge
    Keymaster

Clay I know it has been very busy recently and with the show coming up you will have even less time. Have you had a chance to look at pricing for packages using one brand across the grit ranges.

After seeing the progressions done by Tom and the difference in the edges. I think this makes quite a bit more sense now.

I’m very interested in what people would like to see for packages. Please give your feedback here and I’ll study it so we put out some things that people really want.

-Clay

Kennith Chan
    Participant

For me personally, I would like to see prices for:

1. The sharpener alone no stones.
    2. Sharpener with only Chosera stone (Basic & Pro grit ranges)
    3. Sharpener with Shapton Stones (Basic & Pro grit ranges)

The thing is I am assuming if you buy the package you are getting a discount? Maybe do a $ range discount so people can spend on what they like rather than a “package” and if they spend over $x then they get y% discount.

For example:

The range was $1-100 you get 0.5% off and then $101-200 they get 1,5% off. So if they spent $170 it will give people an incentive to maybe add that extra $30 (on stropping compound) as they will be getting a better discount. That way the “extra” sales benefit both parties and is a win win.

mike allen
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 5

First time poster and a 2 month guest.

I have used a tri-stone Norton for 50 years but WESharpner is the real deal.

I started with the standard kit and then I purchased the 800-1000 grit block.
    Now I find myself getting caught up in knife sharpening and I am ready to move
    up again.

So, if I could buy 1 block with replaceable grits that would be my next purchase and
    based on your dialogue I get the feeling that maybe a consideration..

Great forum.

wickededge
    Keymaster

For me personally, I would like to see prices for:

1. The sharpener alone no stones.
    2. Sharpener with only Chosera stone (Basic & Pro grit ranges)
    3. Sharpener with Shapton Stones (Basic & Pro grit ranges)

The thing is I am assuming if you buy the package you are getting a discount? Maybe do a $ range discount so people can spend on what they like rather than a “package” and if they spend over $x then they get y% discount.

For example:

The range was $1-100 you get 0.5% off and then $101-200 they get 1,5% off. So if they spent $170 it will give people an incentive to maybe add that extra $30 (on stropping compound) as they will be getting a better discount. That way the “extra” sales benefit both parties and is a win win.

Thank you for the suggestions. I’ll work on it a little tomorrow and see what I can come up with.

-Clay

wickededge
    Keymaster

First time poster and a 2 month guest.

I have used a tri-stone Norton for 50 years but WESharpner is the real deal.

I started with the standard kit and then I purchased the 800-1000 grit block.
    Now I find myself getting caught up in knife sharpening and I am ready to move
    up again.

So, if I could buy 1 block with replaceable grits that would be my next purchase and
    based on your dialogue I get the feeling that maybe a consideration..

Great forum.

Hi Mike,

Thanks for writing. Without giving away too much, there is something like that in the works. I’m really excited about it, but I don’t know how long it will take to get into production. From experience, at least twice as long as double my initial estimate….

-Clay

Thomas Herbert
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 10

I wasn’t really sure how to put it together myself… i really liked the progression shown with the Chosera stones and would like to work with those from the get go. It wasn’t available yet in that configuration so i just got a pro I pkg, ceramics, and a full set of chosera….. there that should cover it.

Now to conceal the credit card bill from the wife:evil:

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.