Advanced Search

New member from Texas!

Recent Forums Main Forum New member from Texas!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Not2sharp
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 0

Roger here. In my 60’s, overweight, not too sharp, but do like to hunt for food and process it too. Got married once, now have lots of grandchildren. Praying s lot more. 40 yrs + working as a technician  for a very good  eorld wide communication  company.

Coworker told me about this Wicked Edge sharpener. Made sense. Bought one. Gen 3 pro. Very happy, happy, happy .  Hope to help others to appreciate the value of a sharp knife.  A friend offered to give me one of his cooked briskets for sharpening.

Something I do now while “grinding” is to have a wet sponge with Dawn and water handy. I wipe the diamond stones off while using. CLAY was right. This keeps the metallic shavings down to a minimum and keeps the stones clean.

Now if I can only get my own life “sharp”.  God bless.

5 users thanked author for this post.
    Marc H
    • Topics: 74
    • Replies: 2735

Welcome to the Wicked Edge Forum, Not2sharp.  I’m glad your liking the Gen 3 Pro.  I like your sharpening for Brisket deal.  I have a friend I sharpen his knives in exchange for fresh fish. LOL  Bartering is a good way to go.  Everyone get something out of it.

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

2 users thanked author for this post.
    David
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 37

Welcome not2sharp. Glad you are happy do not hesitate to ask questions and there is a lot of tricks and tips here.

David

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Dale Wachholz
    Participant
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 27

Welcome Aboard Roger!      I am a fairly new member too.  Marc already beat me to my own reply on you getting the better deal.

I am finding that I really enjoy spending time putting a beautiful edge on a knife.  And I’ve done it once!  Point is, and you’ve read this, give yourself time to learn. Be patient and slow.  Practice on knives that you don’t care about.

I also really enjoy reading thru the forums. There is SO much information I was overwhelmed at first.  But I am catching up.

Like David says, don’t be shy about asking questions.  The members here are really good about helping us new guys.

Dale

3 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.