Advanced Search

New Member from SoCal

Recent Forums Main Forum Welcome Mat New Member from SoCal

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Adrian
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 2

Hello WE Frorum Members!  I just wanted to introduce myself…my name is Adrian and I am a new forum member.  I have been lurking and educating myself here on the forum for quite some time, but only signed up as a member today.  I am an outdoor enthusiast and fellow knife addict and go under the same user name (and a few others) on a number of the other knife/gear/etc. forums.  I likely have crossed paths with more than a few members here.

I recently, I purchased a barebones 2016 WE Pro Gen 3 after spending (too much) time with the Spydie SM, WSKO, and EPA.  Hoping to build my WE system and develop the competency necessary to make it my primary/default sharpening tool.  I have a lot of work to do, but am looking forward to it.

In time I hope to give as much as I get here.  Its great to add another community to my family…thanks for having me.  Be seeing you around.

Adrian

1 user thanked author for this post.
    sksharp
    Participant
    • Topics: 9
    • Replies: 408

Welcome Adrian. I think you made a good choice with your sharpener and I’m confident the WE will in fact me your “go to” sharpener after your first 10 or so knives. Please use knives without much value at the start, might save some tears! Ask questions of these folks, it will help!

Adrian
    Participant

Thanks for the welcome and words of advice sksharp.  Definitely planning on picking a few brains here.  Will certainly pull out some beaters to build my proficiency…found that to be the best advice oferred to newbs as I’ve “been there, done that” in regard to other systems.  Can’t start too quickly as I honestly don’t even have stones yet.  Thanks again Brother.

Marc H
    • Topics: 74
    • Replies: 2735

Welcome to the Wicked Edge Forum and Community, Adrian

I invite you to take your time, go back, read older posts on the Forum.  The Wicked Edge models have evolved with some updates, upgrades and newer innovations.  The technique has not.  There’s a ton of information and experiences to glean from reading.  Welcome

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

Adrian
    Participant

Thanks for the welcome MarcH.  Yes, lots to learn; working furiously on building my knowledge base.

sksharp
    Participant
    • Topics: 9
    • Replies: 408

Hey Adrian, You are welcome brother! If you have experience with other systems I think you will be blown away with your results in a very short time. Hope they get those stones to you soon!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.