Advanced Search

Recent Forums Main Forum New member

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Gene
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 1

I have been reading the forum for a few months. Getting ready to order. Thought someone may advise me. I am attaching a screen shot of what I think I may order.

Attachments:
    1 user thanked author for this post.
    Alan
    Participant
    • Topics: 15
    • Replies: 206

Welcome to our forum, Gene.  I can tell you’ve been reading a lot, as you’ve put together a most excellent shopping list!  I think you’ll do just fine with that sharpener and selected accessories.

Alan

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Organic
    Participant
    • Topics: 17
    • Replies: 929

Welcome Gene!

I’d say that looks like a very nice sharpening setup you’ve selected. The only thing that stands out to me as missing is an angle cube. Amazon has a good selection of them if the one that WE offers isn’t to your liking.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    sksharp
    Participant
    • Topics: 9
    • Replies: 408

Welcome Gene, I agree an angle cube is a must. Being able to measure the angle is a real advantage. A Low Angle Adapter is required equipment for me as well.

Marc H
    • Topics: 74
    • Replies: 2735

Welcome Gene, I say pull the trigger on that set up.   I also think some sort of visual magnifying aid, for me, is a must, too.  I like a USB Microscope.  Amazon has some very inexpensive models that work very well to help you actually see what your doing, lighted and magnified.  They couple to computers, laptops, tablets and smart phones, depending on your purchase. IMO they’re almost as indispensable as the digital angle cube.

Welcome

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

Gene
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 1

Thanks I already have an angle cube. Hope to add a microscope in the future

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.