Advanced Search

New in E. Texas

Recent Forums Main Forum Welcome Mat New in E. Texas

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    JKingRPh
    Participant
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 9

Hello,  just ordered a WE Gen 3 pro, and a couple of sets of the finer ceramic stones for polishing.  One set of stones have arrived and the sharpener is supposed to arrive tomorrow.   I have used some other systems, like a DMT aligner which I don’t find too useful, an edge pro apex which I find a bit awkward. I seem to have trouble holding the knife flat on the “bench surface” and operating the  stone at the same time.   I can get a good useable edge with it for some large kitchen knives,  especially a large 15″ no name chefs knife I found at a flea market sale some years back.  I’m thinking that I might need some extended guide rods for some of the larger knives but will wait and see.  Back in my younger days I could get a good shave the hair off the arm edge, but I seem too have lost that skill over the years.   I did learn the value of a good guide or jig when sharpening my woodworking chisels, hence my final choice of the Wicked Edge.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    MarcH
    • Topics: 74
    • Replies: 2733

Welcome to the Wicked Edge Forum, King.  I’m hope the Gen 3 Pro is everything you’re looking for, and more.  We’re here to help anyway we can.

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

3 users thanked author for this post.
    David
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 37

Welcome King, hope the W.E. system is everything you expect. Check the forum out lots of information tops and trick.

David

JKingRPh
    Participant
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 9

Thanks, I have been doing a lot of reading, and looking forward to trying it out tomorrow, if it arrives as promised.

sksharp
    Participant
    • Topics: 9
    • Replies: 408

Welcome Sir, most of the guys with some experience sharpening seem to really fall in love with the WE. I think you will love your choice. Please share your experiences as you go, we all learn from each other.

Pinkfloyd
    Participant
    • Topics: 22
    • Replies: 208

Welcome King,

I have the EP Pro model, WE Gen 3 Pro. The WE is my go to first choice for sharpening. I did change out the standard 8″ rods with the 10″ rods.

Enjoy your sharpening adventure on the WE, it is awesome!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.