Advanced Search

New From SA, Texas

Recent Forums Main Forum Welcome Mat New From SA, Texas

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    CalebNeedsHelp
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 0

Hey y’all. I have a pro pack 1, I got it early this year and have sharpened 10 or so knives thus far. I am extremely happy with the results so far! I was wondering if there was a list or something that the factory blade angles on knives were located… I have a Benchmade Grizzly Ridge that I want to sharpen but not really reprofile… But I cant seem to find the angle listed anywhere… Any help would be greatly appreciated! I also sometimes stream myself sharpening knives live on Twitch! https://www.twitch.tv/Caleb_isyourman

Organic
    Participant
    • Topics: 17
    • Replies: 929

Welcome Caleb!

Despite what some knife manufacturers may lead you to believe, the angles on most production knives vary quite a bit from one example to another even of the exact same model. The best way to find the angles on your knife is to use a the sharpie method. The two sides of the existing bevel might not even have matching angles.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    Richard
    Participant
    • Topics: 14
    • Replies: 183

Welcome Caleb!  The sharpie method works great but when I first got my new Henckels last Christmas, I gave them a call and they straightened me out and yeah, they were in the ballpark but not exact.  Did the same with my Buck knife.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.