Advanced Search

New customer from the farmers market.

Recent Forums Main Forum Sharpening as a Business New customer from the farmers market.

Viewing 16 post (of 16 total)
  • Author
    cbwx34
    Participant
    • Topics: 57
    • Replies: 1505

This morning I “stole” the neighbors knife block… the typical: “How long have you had them?” Forever. “Ever sharpen them?” Sure, I use the sharpener that came with them (a grooved steel). So, needless to say, dull….. (duller than my practice knives I tried this on the other day for sure).

The knives were: 8″ Chef’s knife, 8″ Util. knife, 5″ paring (or utility) style knife, 3 1/2″ paring knife, and 4″ boning style knife. Not high dollar stuff (I forgot to look at the brand, but a low end set).

Only preset was the angle on the WE was already set. Started at 8:09 finished at 8:51. So, an average of 8.4 min. per knife. I went fairly quick, but didn’t feel rushed. I also added one thing different… after finishing with the 600g stone, I reversed direction and did a dozen or so tip to heel, then the rest (ceramic and leather) tip to heel. (I like the grind marks pointing back, since most people slice heel to tip). Also a test slice thru copy paper at the end of every knife. Had to spend some extra time on the Chef’s knife… the tip was way off from the rest of the blade.

So, not bad…. see what they think after a bit of use.

Viewing 16 post (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.