Advanced Search

New Arms Shroud

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    Wayne Beatty
    Participant
    • Topics: 6
    • Replies: 20

I Got my new arms and I wanted to kept those machined pivots Nice and shinny. Ive seen a lot of ideas from from the people here , washers , aluminum foil , magnets, I came across the mini funnels and an idea came to mind…. what do you think? they don’t bind in any direction.

Attachments:
    Brian Ledford
    Participant
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 14

Looks good to me..

Phil Pasteur
    Participant
    • Topics: 10
    • Replies: 944

Looks good to me as well. Where did you find those mini funnels?

Phil

Wayne Beatty
    Participant

They are mini weighing funnls, thay are used in drug labs.

Anthony Yan
    Participant
    • Topics: 4
    • Replies: 96

Those funnels look like a good idea! 🙂

I’m also wondering if anyone has made something like a flexible rubber shroud?

Chris
    Participant
    • Topics: 7
    • Replies: 351

Electrical “cable gland” shroud perhaps?

You can cut the tip to suit the arm and trim the bottom for the right length.
    They are soft pvc.

http://www.cmp-products.com/shrouds.php

http://goo.gl/Cso0c

Phil Pasteur
    Participant

Those sound very interesting.
    From the charts on that page though, I would have no idea which one to order. I would think you would want something that would be a strect git (tight) in the arm but not bind the ball. As you mention, the lengths can be adjusted, but the diameter is pretty critical.

I will have to do some more checking on these.

Phil

Wayne Beatty
    Participant

I do have some extras

Phil Pasteur
    Participant

Would you care to sell some of them?

Phil

PM sent

Wayne Beatty
    Participant

I guess I could, as long as Clay doesn’t mind. I bought a bag that came to about 1.50 each, you do have to trim them so you should have 3 in case you screw one up.a couple bucks for a padded envelope and postage.
    does 7 dollars sound fair?

Phil Pasteur
    Participant

Sounds good to me.
    How do we set it up. I sent you a PM, so if you would rather do this in that area, just reply there with paypal info or whatever way you prefer to set it up. BTW, I might think a bout the small flat rate box. A buddy of mine works at the USPS… he tells stories about envelopes being completely trashed by the machines…with anything other than paper in them…

Phil

Anthony Yan
    Participant
    • Topics: 4
    • Replies: 96

Electrical “cable gland” shroud perhaps?

You can cut the tip to suit the arm and trim the bottom for the right length.
    They are soft pvc.

http://www.cmp-products.com/shrouds.php

http://goo.gl/Cso0c%5B/quote%5D

Neat! 🙂
    I may have to go look for those and buy some.

Phil Pasteur
    Participant

If you manage to figure out a size that will work, please let me know. I looked through the linked chart with many, many modles listed (corresponding to specific cable glands) and could not get close to figuring out what might be needed for the WEPS application. If I could find somewhere locally that carries them… I would go there and look at them.. Unfortunately, I did not come up with a reseller locally.

Phil

Neat! 🙂

wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

I too would be interested if anyone finds a size/make/model that fits well.

If you manage to figure out a size that will work, please let me know. I looked through the linked chart with many, many modles listed (corresponding to specific cable glands) and could not get close to figuring out what might be needed for the WEPS application. If I could find somewhere locally that carries them… I would go there and look at them.. Unfortunately, I did not come up with a reseller locally.

Phil

Neat! 🙂

[/quote]

-Clay

Phil Pasteur
    Participant

The best that I could figure after looking some more at the link posted before and digging around some more I “think” that their model LSF09 or (maybe LSF05 or LSF11 depending on strthcability) would be the fit. I measure the ball at close to 20 mm (19 mm +/-)and the largest dimension of the nut at 12 mm. The LSF09 would fit over a 3/4″ thread on a wire gland and accomodate a bundle of 11 to 20 mm. As close as I can tell it would fit, but it may be snug on the outside of the ball joint. Maybe the smaller LSF05 would work if the material stretches some. They also make them in PVC the numbers for them are similar.. PVC09 etc.

It sure would be nice to see if we could get some samples… then it would also be nice to find someplace that sells them. The page is that of a manufacturer. I have not found any at retail yet. Still looking.

Phil

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.