Advanced Search

Need Suggestions For a New EDC

Recent Forums Main Forum Knife Specific Discussion Need Suggestions For a New EDC

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    Phil Pasteur
    Participant
    • Topics: 10
    • Replies: 944

Yeah Fred…
    I am curious too !

Phil

Fred Hermann
    Participant
    • Topics: 30
    • Replies: 188

Would you believe nothing? The house needed an electrician, So my mad money(and then some) went to the fix. So it may be a while. The work was well over 1k….
    Plus you all had so many good ideas I was thinking of doing a trip to Smokey Mountain Knife Works so I could see some of these first hand. Too many shiny things, not enough cash.
    But on a positive note we caught the electrical problem before it started a fire. 🙂
    So any extra ideas that bubble up are always helpful.

John Batinovich
    Participant
    • Topics: 3
    • Replies: 27

Wow, that’s pretty.
    I quit being a fan of Spydeco about 10 years ago when I had a couple of their knives either break or fall apart. Customer service back then was near non existant. So I assume they have gotten better, I keep seeing lots of posts about their stuff.

They have a number of knives that are catching my eye, but so far their damascus one and the Fallkniven are my favorites, based on looks alone.

Spyderco built their entire reputation on not only high quality products but great customer service. Hard to believe that customer service was non-existent any time, let alone 10 years ago. By avoiding them, you’re missing out on a lot of good knives.

Fred Hermann
    Participant

Does anyone have experience with SOG knives? The reviews I’ve seen are mixed, either poor quality or excellent. Specifically on the SOG Specialty Knives and Tools AO3-P Arcitech Damascus.

Leo James Mitchell
    Participant
    • Topics: 64
    • Replies: 687

If you are looking for a quality EDC, you should take a look at the Fallkniven PXL…I hasten to add that I have one for sale on the forum, but even if you wanted a spanking new one, you can’t go wrong. They are elegant,super strong, open and close one-handed as smooth as butter and the 3.7 inch blade is made from the super steel 3G Powder Steel. As I said it is gorgeous too and is not the kind of knife that frightens your kin or strangers wince when you open it in front of them.My wife thinks it is pretty and she knows how sharp it is. It is a Swedish gentleman’s knife with the capabilities do do any task the asked of it. Take a look at it on the Fallkniven site.

Leo

Leo James Mitchell
    Participant

Whoops! I repeat myself! Sorry Fred! BTW the French knife I posted earlier is worth a thought too.
    Leo

Fred Hermann
    Participant

Off to look at your sale post….and if it makes you feel better I recently had a troll on another site use pieces of some of my old posts to hammer me for my cruddy memory.
    🙂

Leo James Mitchell
    Participant

Here is a look at the pocket clip on the PXL Fred. It is set in such a way that it sits almost invisible in your pocket and it can be removed if you have tiny tools! LOL!

And here is the back of the Chambriard Le Trappeur Folder.

I hope this helps.

Leo

Leo James Mitchell
    Participant

Hi Fred
    I think we have a twist here. My French knife is not for sale. You might meant the Farid Mehr knife…he is from the UK. If you check the link I gave for the Farid knife in my previous post, you may see what you need to know, otherwise I can’t help for the nonce until the knife arrives at its destination.
    Sorry, I was confused, a condition that is becoming more an more common it seems. :huh:

Leo

Fred Hermann
    Participant

Leo,
    As pretty as the French Chambriard Le Trappeuris…it doesn’t fit my *today* definition of an EDC that is right for me. I really like the Fallkniven PXL, I mean *REALLY* like it…
    The only reservation I have is on the weight. It’s really 6oz? Practically a brick by modern standards…but it’s like ‘The Precious’, so shiny…sooooo pretty….
    Can you tell I’m torn?
    My other like is the Spyderco Caly3 in VG-10 Damascus. But again, I can’t hold one in my hand to make that last minute decision.
    I think I will ponder it over beer.
    🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.