Advanced Search

Need help with gen 3 pro with granite base

Recent Forums Main Forum Need help with gen 3 pro with granite base

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Mjcollier
    Participant
    • Topics: 12
    • Replies: 36

Just received the sharpener and there are no instructions for installing the sharpener to the granite base. I looked for instructions on the WE website and there isn’t any for this setup.

The holes on the two items line up and there are 4 bolts w/washers and nuts but there are caps over the holes on the sharpener. Do those get taken off before installation and then reinstalled? Is the head of the bolt up or down? What are the 4 washers doing in the base feet bag?

I may just be way too tired.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Alan
    Participant
    • Topics: 15
    • Replies: 206

Not many folks have the Gen 3 Pro with the granite base, as that’s a custom order, I believe.  If you could post some photos of what you have, we’ll sure all help you to figure it out.

I would assume the caps come off.  Head of bolt down into and thru Gen 3 Pro, then thru granite, and tightened from bottom.  Then, the feet placed in the bottom corners of the granite base.  I’m just guessing.

Alan

Mjcollier
    Participant

Thanks I’ll try to  post photos tomorrow just don’t have it in me tonight.

I have removed the caps and installed 3 bolts but the 4th will not go. It looks like the hole in the granite is off a little. I will unscrew the bolts tomorrow and turn clamp 180 degrees and see what that does.

Yeah the pads go in the corners but what are the washers for that came in the same bag?

Mjcollier
    Participant

I will end this post for now as I don’t want to sound negative towards this product and I’m sure judging by WEPS reputation that everything will be sorted out whether I’m the issue or something else. <!–more–><!–more–>

cbwx34
    Participant
    • Topics: 57
    • Replies: 1505

My guess would be, since this isn’t a typical setup… that you might have gotten parts you don’t need.

A quick call should resolve it.

Did you get the holes to line up?

Mjcollier
    Participant

The 4th hole will not line up and there is also a pin that sits proud of the bottom of the clamp assembly that will not allow the assembly to sit flat to the granite. I would add photos but I cant seem to attach .jpg files.

wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

Please do give a call so we can sort it out. Pictures would definitely help.

-Clay

Mjcollier
    Participant

Please do give a call so we can sort it out. Pictures would definitely help.

I called and I guess Kyle wants the base and clamp assembly sent back. I guess they send me another when the parts come in. Please tell me this isn’t going to take another 7 weeks.

I have tried to send pictures but can’t attach jpg files. I can email them if you want. Just give me an email to send them to.

Mjcollier
    Participant

Pictures have been emailed to Kyle.

Mjcollier
    Participant

This issue is over. I didn’t realize I was the first to purchase the Gen 3 on a granite base. WEPS has completely taken care of the issue and I have absolutely nothing negative to say.

The granite base does have one hole that’s off enough not to allow  the bolt to slide through. They of course were willing to replace the granite but I have decided to go with the shelving unit.

The pin on the bottom of the clamp assembly that sits proud is normal and isn’t an issue at all with the shelving unit but is when used with the granite base. I’m sure this will be fixed on future gen 3’s that are going to be used with the granite. If I decide to mount it on a granite or wood base in the future I’ll just grind the pin even.

<span style=”line-height: 1.5;”>Clay, </span>

<span style=”line-height: 1.5;”>I’ve dealt with Kyle Kaplan from the order through now and have nothing but good to say about him because one of my faults is a lack of patience and he has handled it well. I would have mentioned Kyle in a private message to you but I can’t seem to figure out how to do that. </span>

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.