Advanced Search

need help setting up 10″ breaking knife

Recent Forums Main Forum Techniques and Sharpening Strategies Tips for Specific Knife Grinds and Styles need help setting up 10″ breaking knife

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Randy
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 1

breaking-knife-small

Hello

I am kinda new at this wiked edge sharpening thing and looking for some setup advise for my 10″ breaking knife ?

Thanks

Randy

Attachments:
    MarcH
    • Topics: 74
    • Replies: 2731

Welcome to the W.E. forum, Randy.

That pictured Victorinox/Forshner knife, I would clamp it high up in the jaws.  Center the knife’s blade length, forward and aft.  With it’s blade centered, slightly rotate the handle down and the tip up.  I do this to try to even out the arched shape of the cutting edge so it lays perceived,  centered for the most part, across the vise.  I try to rotate the knife to position the tip edge height and the heel edge height to be roughly even and in-line horizontally.  The horizontal line running from the tip to the heel is parallel to the horizontal jaw line, but not necessarily, running right through the jaw line…this perceived line can be below the horizontal jaw line, just parallel.

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

4 users thanked author for this post.
    Randy
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 1

I just got done sharpening above knife and your suggestion worked great THANKS !!! really appreciate it

2 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.