Advanced Search

Need help in identifying an older pocket knife

Recent Forums Main Forum Off Topic Need help in identifying an older pocket knife

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Brewbear
    Participant
    • Topics: 7
    • Replies: 168

Hi all,

This is an appeal to all you folks that have been around knives of all kinds. I need your help in identifying an old folding knife I used to have and really liked, unfortunately someone else liked it too and walked away with it.

It is about 3 inches long when closed, I believe the handle scales were brown micarta (not sure on the material) and it is made in Seki, Japan. What set this little knife apart from all the other pocket knives is the way it opens/closes. The handles rotate 180 deg. around the blade pivot (one at a time) to expose the blade.

Thank you for your help.

Marc H
    • Topics: 74
    • Replies: 2735

Are you talking about a butterfly knife, where the handle splits and folds oppositely to expose the center blade?

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

Marc H

or is a knife that the handles split and fold back on themselves like this Barry Wood Tuckaway by Frost Cutlery:

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

Marc H

Here’s one more helpful link to check out Brewbear: https://blog.knife-depot.com/15-knives-with-unique-opening-mechanisms/

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

Brewbear
    Participant
    • Topics: 7
    • Replies: 168

Thank you so much Marc, it is the Tuckaway I’m looking for. I found a couple on ebay…..they do tend to be a bit pricey but I already bought one. The one that was “borrowed ” and never returned was a gift from an older gentleman and friend who passed away many years ago. The knife was one of the few things I had to remember him by and now being able to replace it means a great deal to me. Thank you again for your help.

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.