Advanced Search

Neat accessories

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 68 total)
  • Author
    don griffith
    Participant
    • Topics: 4
    • Replies: 51

Works for me in Firefox. I must have settings problems in IE.

Doug Williams
    Participant
    • Topics: 3
    • Replies: 43

Works for me in Firefox. I must have settings problems in IE.

Well, well! I usually use IE 9, but I used Google Chrome instead and my profile features work just fine. I am able to edit my profile now. Go figure!

Thanks for the idea!
    Doug

Dan
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 84

Use Chrome here too, and profile stuff all worked just fine.

Internet Explorer? Bugs? Nowai!

Scott Babineaux
    Participant
    • Replies: 80

Leo,
    what’s the max blade width that will fit into the laser protractor?

Leo James Mitchell
    Participant
    • Topics: 64
    • Replies: 687

A good question babo. My custom chef’s knife just fits in the slots and it is 1.75 inches in width…as far as I can tell without calipers that is a correct figure.

Leo

Scott Babineaux
    Participant

I’m looking into a computer microscope to compliment my WEP. Any suggestions out there?

Jeremy Hinojosa
    Participant
    • Replies: 1

I’m looking into a computer microscope to compliment my WEP. Any suggestions out there?

Yes! I am also interested in what others have to say on this topic.

Mark
    Participant
    • Replies: 56

Jeremy, I use the VEOH VMS-004. It’s cheap and kind of hard to focus, But it works great for my purposes.

Here is a picture of a .7mm pencil lead at the 400x setting.

And a picture of my delica after the 1 micron strops.

Just the tiniest little burr there. the white thing is a bit of paper towel lint.

DrMatt
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 18

Question for you. Have you ever measured how the angle changes as you move the stone from the vertical position to the far extremes of the blade? And further, how the angle changes when you bolt the blade in the holder at different heights? My contention is that you really shouldn’t sharpen more than 6 inches of blade without repositioning the knife as the angle varies too greatly.

DrMatt
    Participant

Wow! I want one of these. I just checked it on Amazon, $62, is that right? Had mixed reviews. Is it easy enough to use?
    http://tinyurl.com/3kzvnj9

Mark
    Participant
    • Replies: 56

drmatt357, If you read the review by Paul Cliffrd on that link He sums up my thoughts pretty well. It works really well for me when looking for that last little burr.

Edge after 14 micron strops.

DrMatt
    Participant

Thanx. I’m trying to find out if it’s Mac compatible

Scott Babineaux
    Participant
    Jende Industries
    Participant
    • Topics: 14
    • Replies: 342

Jeremy, I use the VEOH VMS-004. It’s cheap and kind of hard to focus, But it works great for my purposes.

Here is a picture of a .7mm pencil lead at the 400x setting.

And a picture of my delica after the 1 micron strops.

Just the tiniest little burr there. the white thing is a bit of paper towel lint.

Those pictures look familiar… 😉

+1 on the Veho 400x. All of the microscope progressions on my blog are photographed with the Veho. You can put the whole thing up against the WEPS clamp – the scope can be a little wobbly, but with a little practice, it’s not so difficult to do.I usually employ my daughter to push the camera button on the computer, although you can also take shots directly with a button on the scope.

For normal use out of the WEPS clamp without picture taking abilities, I use the Lumax 100x, which is a kids microscope for about $20.00 it works great. I just remove the slide clamps from the microscope’s base.

In the WEPS clamp, a small loop with a light source is probably the best. IMO, 10x is minimum, but I like to go as high as I can with magnification. – Oh, and don’t cut your nose off when checking the edge!

DrMatt
    Participant

Funny you mention the loupe. I just ordered the Bausche & Lomb loupe and was thinking I better be careful while viewing the blade. :woohoo:

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 68 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.