Advanced Search

My Wicked Edge Setup

Recent Forums Main Forum Welcome Mat My Wicked Edge Setup

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Skipper Jimmy
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 1

Here is a picture of my WE120 setup.  Took this picture a few months ago when it was new.  I am glad to say that with the Wicked Edge sharpener I am finally able to sharpen knives really well and achieve polished edges.

PS, my wife made me move the sharpener from our dining room table to my workshop about 60 seconds after I took this picture.

Jimmy

Attachments:
    3 users thanked author for this post.
    Marc H
    • Topics: 74
    • Replies: 2735

Jimmy, you did a beautiful job on the wood base and wood paddle racks.  Your wife probably thought you were wanting to take more pictures and she knew the light was better in your work shop! LOL

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

Hi Jimmy, welcome to the forum! Indeed a very nice wood base and paddle racks. And I don’t know about your wife, but when I first got a WEPS my girlfriend was rather skeptical, but now she has sharp kitchen knives all the time, she cannot live without it anymore, too.

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

cjb80202
    Participant
    • Topics: 5
    • Replies: 33

That’s a great looking setup – I love your custom base and stone holders!

Just to stick my nose into one thing I see missing from your picture… I recently received some great advice from Clay, and I used a lighted loupe magnifier to look at my blade. Wow – it blew me away the level of detail I could see with a ~ $15 device, showing all the scratch patterns. I highly recommend getting one!

https://www.amazon.com/Illuminated-Magnifier-Construction-Kare-Kind/dp/B00YBHQ7X2

5 users thanked author for this post.
    Marc H

I second cjb8020’s advice or suggestion, a visual aide is very handy to monitor your progress.

If you’re computer savvy and your budget allows for it a USB Microscope is very nice too.

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

Skipper Jimmy
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 1

Thanks for the idea.  I will pick up a loupe.

Jimmy

Pinkfloyd
    Participant
    • Topics: 22
    • Replies: 208

Jimmy,

Welcome to the Forum

Very nice setup. I wish my sharpening station was that neat! I second the USB scope idea if you can, I take pics with the USB scope after each stone progression to compare scratch pattern removal. Helps out a lot. Happy Sharpening

sksharp
    Participant
    • Topics: 9
    • Replies: 408

Welcome Sir!

Marc H

Hi Jimmy,  you may find applying a bolster or some sort of cushion or padding to the top of your back wood block practical.   It’ll protect both the wood and the WEPS paddles as you release them while they’re on the rods and quiet it down, also.

Here’s a picture of my setup with the rear bolster:

Sharpening-Station-Rear-Bolster

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

Attachments:
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.