Advanced Search

My Second Anniversary with the WEPS

Recent Forums Main Forum Welcome Mat My Second Anniversary with the WEPS

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Leo James Mitchell
    Participant
    • Topics: 64
    • Replies: 687

I am coming up in a couple of days on my second year with the this brilliant sharpening rig and I have no regrets. In fact, I couldn’t be happier. Not only does Clay’s wonderfully engineered sharpener do what it is supposed to do, it also is continually evolving as time goes by into an even better tool than it was in the beginning.
    My present to myself to celebrate will be to add the newly designed arms and the low angle setting device when they become available.
    When I began this journey with Clay and his sharpening device, I knew I was on to something really important and good. As it turns out, it went beyond just having a wonderful sharpener, but included getting to know a genuine gentleman and his family as friends. Also, through my shouting to the world about the WEPS on a variety of Forums, I got to meet a great many people I respect from other parts of the sharpening world.. and now too the gang here on the forum.
    Following this path has been an education for me and a real pleasure. Down the road I see the WEPS becoming the Ultimate sharpener for professionals and amateurs alike. I can’t wait!

best to all
    Leo

Ken Buzbee
    Participant
    • Topics: 14
    • Replies: 393

Well said, Leo!

As someone just starting off on this path I look forward to my 2 year anniversary and wonder what additions I’ll have by then.

And I’m so in on the new arms/lower angle upgrade.

Ken

Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

Congratulations, Leo, both to you and your WEPS! You make a good couple 😉

I didn’t know the WEPS was already two years old. Mine is only about half a year old (although I can hardly believe that, I’ve sharpened so much since then).

I wholeheartedly agree to your words. Clay is almost single-handedly responsible for the fact that I have a new hobby. (Almost… the other person is you 🙂 .) And of course I like the WEPS as a precision device that is still incredibly easy to use. (I often have to explain that taking away the right degrees of freedom is a good thing in this respect.) But what I’ve gotten to like at least as much is the continuous innovation and sharing of ideas. Innovation by Clay, of course, but also the atmosphere of experimentation, finding out new things and sharing experiences on this forum and elsewhere. I love it and have gotten to know many interesting and nice people I’d otherwise never gotten to know.

And thank you, Leo, for getting this forum (and thus many novice users like myself) not only up-and-running, but also very enthusiastic! You deserve many more anniversaries with the WEPS.

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

Well said Mark!

-Clay

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.