Advanced Search

My Large Sebenza

Recent Forums Main Forum Knife Photos My Large Sebenza

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jamie Baldwin
    Participant
    • Topics: 6
    • Replies: 31

I just got this Large Sebenza and wanted to dress up the edge a bit. I progressed through all the diamond stones (200-1000) and then used Micromesh from 1500-2500. I sharpened it at 17 Deg. and then applied a 18 Deg. microbevel. After setting the bevels, I then stroped them down to 3.5u.
    I think it turned out rather well and whittles hair with no problems.

Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

Nice one, Deputy! In fact the large Sebenza is my all-time favourite folder. Chris Reeve will be proud of you. (Particularly since he recommends, on his site or Youtube, to sharpen a Sebenza at 20 degrees per side on a Sharpmaker :dry: .)

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

Jamie Baldwin
    Participant
    • Topics: 6
    • Replies: 31

Thanks Mark. I can’t take all the credit for choosing the desired angle … Ahem .. Clay .. .but I am really pleased with the results. The microbevel allows someone to resharpen the knife once the edge has become dull without removing too much material from the bevel, makes sense to me and prolongs the life of the edge. Just my opinion. Now I just need to get some Coorstek stones and I’ll be set!

wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

Hey Deputy,

You’re knife came out great. I’ll definitely borrow one or more of the photos – thank you.

-Clay

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.