Advanced Search

My first one of these

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    tuffy braithwaite
    Participant
    • Topics: 184
    • Replies: 360

this morning i got a call from one of my farmers fare visitors. they are leaving for a week to visit england and wanted me to stop by and pick up their knives and sharpen while they are away. i did and here they are.
    one is a henckel peeler – i have a need to know on this one please.

thanks
    max

Attachments:
    cbwx34
    Participant
    • Topics: 57
    • Replies: 1505

Do you have a particular concern? The curve isn’t too tight… you should be able to sharpen it with the regular stones. You might need to go both directions to cover it well. Just let the stones flow thru the curve… don’t use too much pressure or you can dig the side of the stone into the edge. But it shouldn’t be much different than a regular sharpening.

tuffy braithwaite
    Participant
    • Topics: 184
    • Replies: 360

ok – i will give her a spin in the morning.

thanks

Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

Yup. Curtis is right. If you do it carefully, you should be able to do it the way you sharpen every knife.

I’ve got a Kershaw Blur with about the same recurve. No difference from any other knife.

However, if the recurve is “steeper” (sorry, English is not my first language), try to sharpen using just the corners/edges of the stones. Works particularly well with Choseras, since they are relatively soft.

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

Phil Pasteur
    Participant
    • Topics: 10
    • Replies: 944

I have done recurved blades with smaller radii than that. No problems.
    You don’t have to concentrate on using the edges of the stones… in places it just happens, depending on the amount of curvature.
    You should be fine with your normal technique and stones!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.