Advanced Search

Micro Adjust Screws Loosening

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Ray R
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 2

I have found that the micro adjustment screws on the Gen 3 back out during sharpening. Is there a fix for that?

MarcH
    • Topics: 74
    • Replies: 2733

Welcome to the W.E. Forum Ray R.

Please read this thread.  It is just one of many Forum threads where we addressed this exact W.E. user’s issue.

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Ray R
    Participant

Wicked Edge should provide the mods to prevent the micro adjust screws from loosening. That should be free of charge. It is a design issue that they obviously knew about before marketing their product. If they didn’t know, then they didn’t test it. Either way, unacceptable. I paid a lot of money for the Gen 3 and I’m not happy with it. Especially since it would have been very easy for them to fix without a lot of added cost.

Ray R
    Participant

I found a simple solution to the screws backing out. After removing jam screws on both sides I made two small balls of teflon tape and pushed one into each screw hole. I tightened it up and sharpened two blades without any issues. Works for me. I also cut the corners off a ziploc bag to make a boot to fit over each ball joint and secured them with a rubber band. I did the same to cover the lower section of the vise. This will prevent diamond dust from getting into the mechanisms.

MarcH
    • Topics: 74
    • Replies: 2733

“Necessity is the mother of invention”.  Good deal! 👍

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.