Advanced Search

Micro-Adjust Question

Recent Forums Main Forum Welcome Mat Micro-Adjust Question

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Modernflame
    Participant
    • Topics: 5
    • Replies: 35

Nah, I used blue loc tite. I can definitely get the screws back out if I want to. Mine is the new gen 3.  I love the machine and hope to resolve the issue. From what I can tell, the wicked edge haters on the internet are angry about how other people spend their money. I’m definitely not in that category. The 24 hour cure time is almost over. I’m looking forward to finishing my Hinderer!

1 user thanked author for this post.
    000Robert
    Participant
    • Topics: 4
    • Replies: 90

Nah, I used blue loc tite. I can definitely get the screws back out if I want to. Mine is the new gen 3. I love the machine and hope to resolve the issue. From what I can tell, the wicked edge haters on the internet are angry about how other people spend their money. I’m definitely not in that category. The 24 hour cure time is almost over. I’m looking forward to finishing my Hinderer!

Well I hope it works well for you.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 122
    • Replies: 2934

I do not understand how W.E. could have released the Gen3 with such a glaring problem. All they had to do was try there own prototype once or twice to see it was a design that was not ready for release. Considering the apparent quality of the rest of the product, releasing a knife sharpener that relies on exact angles but which cannot maintain those angles due to the micro-adjusters constantly loosening is baffling to me. And now after spending $900 on the Gen3 I have to order aftermarket parts made in someone’s garage to get my Gen3 to be able to work properly. Ridiculous!

This is a legit criticism and shows that I haven’t been listening enough. I’m working to change that. After hearing some more from some users, we did some prototyping, thought we’d come up with a viable fix, got (kindly) corrected by a couple of our beta testing users and are now reworking the fix. I’ll post again when we finalize the solution.

-Clay

• This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by wickededge.
    7 users thanked author for this post.
    Bill Kirkley
    Participant
    • Topics: 18
    • Replies: 95

I may be missing something, but a simple solution is to add a nut and tighten it against the hex key.

33460701-3498-45E0-8E24-0877D5593533

Attachments:
    2 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.