Advanced Search

manix 2 Advanced Alignment Guide Pro 3

Recent Forums Main Forum Techniques and Sharpening Strategies manix 2 Advanced Alignment Guide Pro 3

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    cmyhero
    Participant
    • Topics: 10
    • Replies: 26

What is are the sharpening parameters for the Manix 2 using the Pro 3 ?

MarcH
    • Topics: 74
    • Replies: 2733

Check this out:

https://support.wickededgeusa.com/portal/en/kb/articles/knife-sharpening-settings-submitted-by-customers

The answer you seek may be found there.

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

1 user thanked author for this post.
    cmyhero
    Participant

Thank you Marc… what does B.25 equal with the advanced alignment guide?

MarcH

Halfway between “E” and “F”

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

1 user thanked author for this post.
    cmyhero
    Participant

Marc I am so very frustrated  how can the right side be so different than the left.. I am ready to quit trying with this costly knife before it maddens me.

MarcH

Are you saying the bevel on one side is taller than the other side?  Or the bevel angle is different from one side to the next? Please explain what you mean that the right side is so different from the left side.

Sometimes it’s counterintuitive.   You’d think you need to work on the side with the shorter bevel to make it taller and more even with the side with the taller bevel.  Whereas, in reality, by working more on the side with the taller bevel the top of that bevel will be worn off and removed.  The results will be that the bevels become evened out as the taller bevel becomes shorter.

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

cmyhero
    Participant

marc seems exactly as you are saying.. I am now trying to get as even as possible angles and I have the bevel looking similar and on one side there is an excellent burr but on the other side I seem not to be able to get a burr at all and I do not know why. The marker is being completely removed from the top of the edge and down the side a bit such that it almost equals the other side, but i cannot seem to get  a burr on this side. I am now on my 9th attempt with this manix 2. I am still working on this side but I see little progress towards burr formation.  One side burr forms quickly but not this troublesomeside.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 7 months ago by cmyhero.
    MarcH

cmyhero, I feel your exasperation I’m reading here.  But you have not really shared anything more then you’re having a problem getting the burr the same from side to side.

Maybe if you share more specific information or posted some photos of the knife and the bevels it may help us to help you.

I’m not one to blame a knife or a piece of steel for sharpening issues because I don’t believe the steel can behave differently from one knife side to the next.  So I think it is a user issue for which we can help if we had a little more specific information about what your experiencing.

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

2 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.