Advanced Search

Magnifying method.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Graham Wyatt
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 3

I had my WE for a week. Done several blades and I am absolutely stoked. Had used “extra fine” DMT and Arkansas black stones and honing guide up to now but WE provides better results in a couple of hours instead of bout 20 hrs. I use a 40 to 400X zoom dissecting microscope and wondered what others use to inspect progress close up / magnified

Robert Nash
    Participant
    • Topics: 5
    • Replies: 164

Hi Graham – Welcome to the forum and glad to hear you are getting great results right off the starting line :woohoo:
    I have two lighted loupes that I use the most – 1 30x and 1 45x. They are great for quick in the clamp examination – and for extra lighting which I use them for even more often as my eyes seem to be aging much faster lately.
    I also use a veho USB microscope 400x – VMS-004 (though I don’t use it as much as I’d like). It was pretty inexpensive and works pretty well for me – though I do want to get a better stand, the little one it comes with is not very versatile. Hoping to find time to use it to capture some progressions at some point

Joel Fiorentini
    Participant
    • Topics: 3
    • Replies: 26
    Graham Wyatt
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 3

Thanks. What I didn’t say but you guys anticipated was the microscope is gook for freehand work butt a pain removing the knife from the clamp each time to look at it. I’ll get an led loupe. Thanks so much

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.