Advanced Search

Low Angle Adapter

Recent Forums Main Forum Product Announcements Low Angle Adapter

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

We finally got it loaded up on the site here: http://www.wickededgeusa.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=productdetails&virtuemart_product_id=68&virtuemart_category_id=8&Itemid=98

The Low Angle Adapter is a clamp extension allowing for angles as low as 10° with the Basic Kit and Pro-Pack I and as low as 8° with the Pro-Pack II. The standard vise keys work to attach the adapter and operate the clamp. You’ll want to use an angle cube with the adapter to accurately set your angles.

It’s pictured in blue so it will stand out better but it is actually anodized in black.

Attachments:

-Clay

R. Jeffrey Coates
    Participant
    • Topics: 9
    • Replies: 55

S-W-E-E-T !

Can’t wait to get one and give it a try! :cheer:

Lukas Pop
    Participant
    • Topics: 10
    • Replies: 109

Great news Clay! I hope it will work fine. A think that 15° per side is quite acute angle for the most of tasks, but after some time it may be nice to do thinning of the knife, and for doing this with WE Low Angle Adapeter is necessary.

But the new pictures are strange. Adapter looks like one piece of metal, no 2 jaws. I supposed that they are some CAD pictures. Could you show some real photos?

cbwx34
    Participant
    • Topics: 57
    • Replies: 1505

But the new pictures are strange. Adapter looks like one piece of metal, no 2 jaws. I supposed that they are some CAD pictures. Could you show some real photos?

There’s some pics in this thread. (Don’t think it’s changed any.)

Jamey Howard
    Participant
    • Topics: 12
    • Replies: 63

Nice. A couple of questions if I may?

1. Does it come with longer arms? The picture shows that the paddles are mounted on arms that look a fair bit longer than the normal arms but the product page doesn’t mention any extra arms coming with the package.

2. Is the strength of the clamping the same as the normal jaws below? I notice it only has one screw instead of two like the main jaws have, so wondered how you achieve the same level of clamping force.

cbwx34
    Participant

Can’t answer the first, but there are two screws…

Attachments:
    Jamey Howard
    Participant

Can’t answer the first, but there are two screws…

Ah yes, so there are, I’m clearly going blind.

So I’m guessing you have to clamp the knife in the low-angle adaptor first, then clamp the adaptor into the main jaws. And the main jaws will be exerting extra force on the adaptor’s bottom screw because not only is that screw providing leverage against the top screw (like the main jaws do) but it also has to contend with the main jaws clamping down into the adaptor. Poor little thing 🙂

cbwx34
    Participant

No, because there’s actually a piece that sticks out below the clamp, that the bottom clamp clamps onto.

Jamey Howard
    Participant

Is that just attached to one side then? I can’t really tell from the pics.

cbwx34
    Participant

Here’s a pic from the other thread I referenced above, that may help. (There’s a bunch over there).

Attachments:
    Jamey Howard
    Participant

Perfect, thanks Curtis.

That just leaves the question about whether it comes supplied with the longer arms or whether those will be available separately. Clay?

wickededge
    Keymaster

Perfect, thanks Curtis.

That just leaves the question about whether it comes supplied with the longer arms or whether those will be available separately. Clay?

We’re not shipping it with longer arms because people with all the different models which all use different arms will be buying it.

-Clay

Josh
    Participant
    • Topics: 89
    • Replies: 1672

Perfect, thanks Curtis.

If you need longer arms contact oldawan (bob Nash). He hooked me up with some longer arms for the new ball joint arms. I already had longer arms for the old system 🙂

Ziggy
    Participant
    • Topics: 11
    • Replies: 177

So Clay,
    For proper setup to 8 degrees on the older style arms, would need:

Pro-Pack II Upgrade Kit
    &
    Wicked Edge Low Angle Adapter

Correct?

wickededge
    Keymaster

So Clay,
    For proper setup to 8 degrees on the older style arms, would need:

Pro-Pack II Upgrade Kit
    &
    Wicked Edge Low Angle Adapter

Correct?

Correct. The Basic Kit and PP1 will get you to 10 degrees.

-Clay

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.