Advanced Search

Low angle adapter set screws (6 available)

Recent Forums Main Forum Sharpener and Accessory Maintenance Low angle adapter set screws (6 available)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Expidia
    Participant
    • Topics: 47
    • Replies: 339

I stopped by HD and they had 10-32 set screws but they only had ones 1/4 inch long.

A Fastenal store is right near my office and I picked up a 10 pack (only choice) of 10-32 and 3/8th long which work perfectly.

I don’t see the need for stainless or plastic tipped, just for the low angle adapter.  Its just nice to finally get rid of the lower screw that always sticks out and hits the stones when using acute angles with the LAA.

Im not looking to make money!  A 10 pack was only $3 (HD was 97 cents just for two). But if anyone wants one of the 9 I have left, just send me your address and paypal me 50 cents for the postage and I’ll drop one in an envelope for you.

My email is expidia@yahoo.com (this is not my paypal email).

I figured it took me like 2 months to finally pick them up, so I figure I might save 9 others some time :o)

• This topic was modified 5 years, 11 months ago by Expidia.
    • This topic was modified 5 years, 11 months ago by Expidia.
    5 users thanked author for this post.
    Marc H
    • Topics: 74
    • Replies: 2735

I have paid via PayPal to expidia $4.50 for the postage on the 9 screws. Any forum member who needs a 10-32 X 3/8″  hex set screw for your Low Angle Adapter, email your mailing address to expidia@yahoo.com and he will drop one in an envelope and mail one to you.

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

5 users thanked author for this post.
    Organic
    Participant
    • Topics: 17
    • Replies: 929

That’s super nice of you Marc!

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Expidia
    Participant

Well, I thought our benefactor originally was to remain anonymous, but he has now revealed himself above.

“The count is now 7 left” as “Organic” has claimed the FIRST of the lucky 9 allen screws.

I feel like Michael Anthony from the Millionaire tv series.  Marc is the Millionaire Benefactor and now its Michael Anthony’s  (thats me, see my pic below) job to deliver the million dollar check to the lucky recipient.  Instead of a million dollar check though  . . . you get a 3/8th inch long set screw for your LAA.

The Millionaire (1955-1960): The benefactor was named John Beresford Tipton, Jr. Viewers heard his voice, making observations and giving instructions; they saw only his arm as he reached for a cashier’s check for one million dollars each week and handed it to Michael Anthony, his executive secretary. It was Anthony’s job to deliver that check to its intended recipient.

Attachments:
    1 user thanked author for this post.
    Marc H
    • Topics: 74
    • Replies: 2735

Expidia, thank you for your generosity and for graciously mailing these screws to our nine recipients and for your effort involved.

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

4 users thanked author for this post.
    Expidia
    Participant

Annnndaa . . . we have another lucky recipient and this time from the other side of my world!  This member is from the beautiful city of “Denmark”

Never been there yet, but have watched it on the travel channel.  Probably when I retire we will have to take a cruise to the region.

Pretty cool the way Wicked Edge has a “worldwide” user base and members of this forum!

Rutrow . . . only 7 left now!

Attachments:
    Haffner
    Participant
    • Topics: 4
    • Replies: 29

The lucky recipient from the other side of the world…

Thank you ever so much! You are a hero.

Expidia
    Participant

Another LAA allen screw goes out to a far away member . . . from “New Zealand” on Monday!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.