Advanced Search

Lose the check mark box for not posting edits

Recent Forums Main Forum Suggestion Box Lose the check mark box for not posting edits

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Expidia
    Participant
    • Topics: 47
    • Replies: 339

Doesn’t make sense that the forum has this exactly opposite of the wy it should work.  It should be if you want your edits tracked and posted with each edit . . . then you check that box.  As it is now, you have to remember to uncheck the box with each typo edit you make.

I’ve never seen it done this way on other forums.

Thx

1 user thanked author for this post.
    developer (ChrisB)
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 52
    • Replies: 263

Hi Expidia, thanks for the feedback. I’ll be upfront and say it’s not something we’ll be able to change, as it’s a built-in way that our forum software works, i.e. not something we can customize. We use bbpress, a popular forum plugin for wordpress. We’ve customized some aspects of it, but that’s usually adding-on rather than modifying the way it works by default.

Working to make knife.wickededgeusa.com a great forum!

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Marc H
    • Topics: 74
    • Replies: 2735

The default is to log edits.  Most people don’t mind.  Knife sharpeners are of the “perfectionist” breed.  We prefer to not show our work till it’s done and done right.  I think that’s why we prefer not to show a record of the attempts it takes to get our work, in this case, our writing, done and correct.  LOL

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Expidia
    Participant

On that same vein, I think I have to deal with unchecking that edit box more when because my iMac desktop computer has spell check, but your forum does not appear to use spell check, unless I’m missing a way to turn that feature on?  You guys over there at WE HQ or whoever monitors this site . . . you don’t still use dial phones over there do you? 🤣

developer (ChrisB)
    Keymaster

I help monitor the forum, and relatively tech savvy. I guess I don’t get the joke.

Marc H
    • Topics: 74
    • Replies: 2735

I help monitor the forum, and relatively tech savvy. I guess I don’t get the joke.

Nor do I…. The forum does have auto misspell correction.  It just correct “misspell” for me when I left out one “s”.   Also I sometimes get a squiggly red line under my just typed word suggesting I look to correct it, grammarly.

This Forum and everyone here and those working at Wicked Edge do a great job trying to make it and keep it that way.  Thank you ChrisB, Clay, et al!

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

developer (ChrisB)
    Keymaster

On that same vein, I think I have to deal with unchecking that edit box more when because my iMac desktop computer has spell check, but your forum does not appear to use spell check, unless I’m missing a way to turn that feature on? You guys over there at WE HQ or whoever monitors this site . . . you don’t still use dial phones over there do you? 🤣

Spell checking is really a function of the browser these days, which gives a single source of spell check for any website you go to. Here’s where to find it in Chrome, my browser of choice.

2018-03-09_08-21-32

Attachments:
    Expidia
    Participant

Ok thx. Its not doing it for me at least with safari and only with this forum.  As long as i know its on my end ill try and figure it out.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.