Advanced Search

Lightinthebox loupe 60x

Recent Forums Main Forum Techniques and Sharpening Strategies Lightinthebox loupe 60x

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

I was looking for a jeweler’s loupe with a higher magnification than that of my current loupe (20x, which is a bit too low to properly judge an edge).

By accident (well, Google) I came across a Chinese site called Lightinthebox. They sold a 60x loupe. It was dirt cheap: around EUR 6 ($8 ). I had never ordered from a Chinese site, but for this price I decided to take the risk.

I ordered last Monday night. This morning the package arrived! :woohoo: The package went from Beijing to my home in The Netherlands in three days! It was also packaged very well in multiple layers of cardbox and plastic. And with a description no customs employee could worry about.

And the loupe works fantastic! In case you are interested: link. They call it a microscope, but it works more like a loupe.

Lightinthebox is one of these extremely large Chinese consumer good warehouses that sell nearly everything, from computers to wigs. (Top search: wedding dress :D.) They sell the mobile phone I use for one third of what it costs in the shop here…

In my experiment (n=1) it was a very reliable shop. I guess I’ll visit them more often.

Oh, and they sell lots of USB microscopes, some of them even cheaper than the 400x Veho I use. And some seem to have very sturdy bases :).

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

I was looking for a jeweler’s loupe with a higher magnification than that of my current loupe (20x, which is a bit too low to properly judge an edge).

By accident (well, Google) I came across a Chinese site called Lightinthebox. They sold a 60x loupe. It was dirt cheap: around EUR 6 ($8 ). I had never ordered from a Chinese site, but for this price I decided to take the risk.

I ordered last Monday night. This morning the package arrived! :woohoo: The package went from Beijing to my home in The Netherlands in three days! It was also packaged very well in multiple layers of cardbox and plastic. And with a description no customs employee could worry about.

And the loupe works fantastic! In case you are interested: link. They call it a microscope, but it works more like a loupe.

Lightinthebox is one of these extremely large Chinese consumer good warehouses that sell nearly everything, from computers to wigs. (Top search: wedding dress :D.) They sell the mobile phone I use for one third of what it costs in the shop here…

In my experiment (n=1) it was a very reliable shop. I guess I’ll visit them more often.

Oh, and they sell lots of USB microscopes, some of them even cheaper than the 400x Veho I use. And some seem to have very sturdy bases :).

Thank you for the info! I’ve used the little 45x version and love it. I can’t wait to try the 60x. I had trouble with the link, so am reposting it here: 60x Lighted Loupe

-Clay

Joyal Taylor
    Participant
    • Topics: 9
    • Replies: 52

Mark76

I ordered this 60x loupe and just received it today. I have 3 other lighted loupes – a 20x, a 60x/100x, and another 100x (none of which I have been happy with). But this loupe is far better than the others. I’m going to give the other ones away. At the price of $8.39 plus shipping, it is one of the best bargains I’ve ever seen. I just ordered an extra one as a backup and checked Super Saver (10-20 business days) for free shipping. I recommend this loupe to anyone thinking about getting one.

Thanks

holymolar

Mark76
    Participant

Glad I could be of help!

Mark76
    Participant

CKTG also sells it. For only $7.95. And I thought those Chinese guys were so cheap :lol:.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.