Advanced Search

Larger Advanced Alingment Guide

Recent Forums Main Forum Suggestion Box Larger Advanced Alingment Guide

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Pinkfloyd
    Participant
    • Topics: 22
    • Replies: 208

Clay, or Kyle

Have you guys given any thoughts to a larger AAG? Especially for the Gen3 Pro, and a better way to secure the AAG because there is a lot of slop just using the depth key to hold it (i use tape to hold in place), and if you have a very large knife it is above the top of the AAG. If you have to use the Low Angle Adapter, the current AAG is no good. I have seen Quilters rulers on Amazon, but they just don’t seem quite right to modify for this application.

Marc H
    • Topics: 74
    • Replies: 2735

I modified this larger ruler to make an XXL AAG:

AAG-Back-View-s

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

Attachments:
    2 users thanked author for this post.
    Pinkfloyd
    Participant

Marc,

Thats kinda what im looking for, but i want it to set on the base, cut a slot to slip over the rod arm rest of the Gen3 Pro so it is stable, and wont move, wont have to use depth key

Example1

Example2

airscapes
    Participant
    • Topics: 19
    • Replies: 367

This is what I ended up with for the WE 120 sits up against the knife.  Just a piece of Plexiglas with lines etched with an razor knife and then colored with fine tip sharpies.  Paper backing is just to help see and feet were 3d printed

AAG

• This reply was modified 5 years ago by airscapes.
    Attachments:
    1 user thanked author for this post.
    wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

Clay, or Kyle Have you guys given any thoughts to a larger AAG? Especially for the Gen3 Pro, and a better way to secure the AAG because there is a lot of slop just using the depth key to hold it (i use tape to hold in place), and if you have a very large knife it is above the top of the AAG. If you have to use the Low Angle Adapter, the current AAG is no good. I have seen Quilters rulers on Amazon, but they just don’t seem quite right to modify for this application.

I’ve seen some of these mods before and we’re aware that it’s something people need. We haven’t gotten to work on creating one yet but are totally open to the idea. Is there a consensus on the specs needed i.e. length, width, resolution of the grid, method of attachment etc..?

-Clay

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Pinkfloyd
    Participant

Clay,

I think it would take more than 1 model, Gen3 Pro, We130, WE120. Attached is a crude representation of what i am thinking on the Gen3 Pro. It is 12 inches high, 16 inches long. I think a grid pattern with 1/8 inch graduations, 1/4 inch would probably work also.

Attachments:
    4 users thanked author for this post.
    airscapes
    Participant
    • Topics: 19
    • Replies: 367

The one I made above is 9×16 with 1/4″ grid.. Finer gird would be nice but really really really hard to read I think..

4 users thanked author for this post.
    Brewbear
    Participant
    • Topics: 7
    • Replies: 168

Clay, or Kyle Have you guys given any thoughts to a larger AAG? Especially for the Gen3 Pro, and a better way to secure the AAG because there is a lot of slop just using the depth key to hold it (i use tape to hold in place), and if you have a very large knife it is above the top of the AAG. If you have to use the Low Angle Adapter, the current AAG is no good. I have seen Quilters rulers on Amazon, but they just don’t seem quite right to modify for this application.

I’ve seen some of these mods before and we’re aware that it’s something people need. We haven’t gotten to work on creating one yet but are totally open to the idea. Is there a consensus on the specs needed i.e. length, width, resolution of the grid, method of attachment etc..?

I’m all for it! Just let us know when it becomes available, I’ll let the more experienced members here chime in with the particulars.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.