Advanced Search

LAA???

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Lance Waller
    Participant
    • Topics: 23
    • Replies: 138

I absolutely hate this thing! I cannot get any knife I put in it to stay put. It will not hold a knife. I’m just fed up with it. $80 and it will not work. I’ve gone back and forth with Bob at Oldawan and he tried helping but I’m just about to explode because I’m halfway through a knife and the damn ZT 0808 just popped out for the third and last time. I don’t know what to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steven N. Bolin
    Participant
    • Topics: 47
    • Replies: 456

…Geez :dry:

CliffCurry
    Participant
    • Topics: 42
    • Replies: 461

Use it to hold a tormek small knife adapter? 😛

I feel your pain…

tcmeyer
    Participant
    • Topics: 38
    • Replies: 2095

I looked up the ZT 0808 and I can see why you’d have a problem – there’s almost no flat area to clamp onto. The Low Angle Adapter has to give up a little clamping power, just because of its design and the ZT 0808 doesn’t have any to spare.

Cliff’s suggestion to use the Tormek adapter is probably the quickest solution, but you give up a little stability, as the blade is hanging free on its pivot pin. If the knife isn’t showroom-tight, the wiggle will be a problem too.

I’d try putting a patch of thick tape on each side of the blade to add a little bit of bite to the LAA. Clamp the knife with the bolster right up against the vise, and low enough to make sure the flats are well down in the clamping area to maximize the flat-area clamping power.

Lance Waller
    Participant
    • Topics: 23
    • Replies: 138

Sorry for my original post. I was so pissed that day…I just had to vent, I’ve had multiple knives that will pop out of the LAA. Looks like I’m not the only one.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.