Advanced Search

Knife Database???

Recent Forums Main Forum Knife Database???

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 5

The database still exists.

For now, here is a link to the current database on the testing server: http://162.243.110.196/index.php/current-knives. Some graphics are broken at the moment, but it gives you an idea of what we were originally shooting for.

Thanks Clay … That is very helpful.

I know too well the perils of dealing with web issues. I could not be more sympathetic to those type of issues…..

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Topics: 14
    • Replies: 427

I have a Data Base of the   Midwestern Strategic  ICBM defense Silo, Launch codes .

tcmeyer
    Participant
    • Topics: 38
    • Replies: 2095

Clay:  If the database is available in a comma-delimited file (*.CSV), we could download and open them in Microsoft Excel.

Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

Actually this backup database works quite well. It says you should log in, but I guess this is only if you want to post. Without logging in the search function works.

That said, in the past everyone was free to enter their own settings, so please don’t get the impression the database lists the “best” settings for every knife (you’ll sometimes find way different settings for the same knife).

If anyone wants a recommendation, just post the knife you want to sharpen, the steel and the purpose and I’m sure the collective knowledge of experienced WEPS users here on the forum will come up with some good advice.

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

Anyone noticed the knife database is back? It says beta, but it seems to work fine. And, Tom, you can copy-paste it to Excel.

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

1 user thanked author for this post.
    wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

We’re testing it out to see how it functions and then should formalize it pretty soon.

-Clay

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.