Advanced Search

just some of my knives.

Recent Forums Main Forum Knife Photos just some of my knives.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    martin lind
    Participant
    • Topics: 9
    • Replies: 78

here are some more pictures after progression of work,it remans some small detal on it, hope you like it.

By martint15 at 2012-04-20

wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

Very nice!

-Clay

martin lind
    Participant

I got the mail today that i have been waiting for…..weps are shipping from usa today to me…..
    yyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssss……….

Leo James Mitchell
    Participant
    • Topics: 64
    • Replies: 687

It seems simplicity itself, but I am too impatient and would foul up somewhere along the line because of rushing things…impatience is my Achilles Heel. Thank you so much for sharing your experience and knowledge Martin! Very well done my friend! :cheer:

Huzzahs for you!
    Leo

martin lind
    Participant

impatience is my Achilles Heel too, and i hope that clay isnt to tired of all my mails: when will i get it and so on…:unsure: but now its on its way. And im so happy almost like a child at christmas waiting for santa to show up.:lol:

Craton Williams
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 3

Nice knife. Where did you get it? Thanks

martin lind
    Participant

which knife do you mean??

Craton Williams
    Participant

Sorry. The one with the wood sheath. Beautiful knife! Thanks

Craton Williams
    Participant
    martin lind
    Participant

ok you mean the Parang, its from Malaysia. I will soon order a few more and also parangs from Borneo and start selling them, many of friends here in sweden want them bad :cheer:
    Martin

martin lind
    Participant

got me a new knife. its a ZT 00200. cant wait to start sharpen it with wicked edge, it looks like my sharperner has got to sweden but my post office hasent got it yet…but soon 😛

By martint15 at 2012-05-17

By martint15 at 2012-05-17

Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

Interested to see the results, particularly on that recurve.

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

martin lind
    Participant

Got the sharperner today:P 😛 😛 and all i can say is YYYEEESSS!!!!! what a great product.Its only take me about 8min to learn and than its just went on, sharpend three knives under 60min:P ive got 100-1000 grit diamond stones only and im gonna order some finer stones, i jused to have problems to get my bk2 realy sharp but not now anymore:).Ive put some new black palm scales on the bk2 and they are only 70% finish but i couldnt wait…..:)
    and i also get a angle cub and that is a fantastic help to set the angles.
    Its was worth all the waiting thanks Clay.
    Martin lind sweden.

By martint15 at 2012-05-21

By martint15 at 2012-05-21

martin lind
    Participant

Today i did my parang. i gave it 20-22-24 angle.sorry that i dont have a better camera just my mobil phone to show you. Now i think i got The sharpest Parang in Sweden:P 😛 😛
    Tomorow if i can find the time i will try out some of my Khukris on wicked edge.

and i also have a question??? i have 100grit to 1000grit now and i want to order some more stones is the ceramic 1200-1600 the right way to go?? ore something else?? i got a tight budget so no waterstones for me at this time.
    Martin

By martint15 at 2012-05-23

Robert Nash
    Participant
    • Topics: 5
    • Replies: 164
    Hey Martin,
    Nice! Looks like you are getting great results! Can’t wait to see more :cheer: And thanks for sharing the pics of your collection!
    Do you only have the diamond plates right now – 100 to 1000? If that is the case, and you are intending to buy just one more set of handles for now, I’d go with a set of strops before I’d get the ceramics. I know that there are people who will disagree, but I think that the strops put on a nicer final edge, and they shine better. 5 and 3.5 micron is next logical step after 1000. As for substrate – I use leather for my initial sharpening but the balsa has the advantage on touch ups of being able to stand up edges that the leather won’t and the shine/edge is comparable between the two so I think it is really a preference call.
    If you have strops already – then I’d add the ceramics prior to going finer on the strops as IMO they really take out the scratches from the diamonds nicely. I use them primarily when I’m going for superior mirror finishes after the diamonds and before I strop.
    I found most kukris are easiest to do in two steps since depending on how big the belly on the blade is it can be hard to get the stones to track evenly along the full length. So, position the knife with the handle closer to the vise and do the rear of the blade into the back of the belly first – using a sharpie to see how the stones are tracking and stopping where the line cleaned off by the plates stops cleaning the full bevel and comes down onto the shoulder. Sharpen that section to just behind that point where the stones stopped tracking working through all your stones to whatever grit you intend to finish with. Then, when you are done with that section, move the blade back in the clamp grabbing close to the tip and work the belly to the tip overlapping the section you already sharpened about an inch or so. Again use the sharpie to find the position where you can clamp the blade so that you match the angle of the section you already did and carry it all the way to the tip without widening the bevel – and work through all your stones again making sure to work the overlap. If you have strops, you can hit the full blade length when you are done to blend it all together. I’m gonna try to attach a video of a cold steel kukri that I did at a show – about 31 degrees each side (measured with angle cube since the blade thickness throws off the angles as shown on the base rod) sharpened with the Pro-Pack Stones – diamonds from 100 to 1000 then leather with 5 and 3.5 micron paste.
    PS – might try with an inexpensive one prior to jumping into the beauties in your collection – they sure look nice and I can’t wait to see your results!
    Have Fun!:woohoo:
    Bob
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.