Advanced Search

just some of my knives.

Recent Forums Main Forum Knife Photos just some of my knives.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    martin lind
    Participant
    • Topics: 9
    • Replies: 78

here is just a few of all my knives,they are waiting to get a real makeover with W.E cant hardely wait till i got it:woohoo:

By martint15 at 2012-03-18
    blade from bryan breeden:

By martint15 at 2012-02-20

By martint15 at 2011-12-23

By martint15 at 2011-12-11

By martint15 at 2011-08-08

By martint15 at 2011-06-10

By martint15 at 2011-05-24

By martint15 at 2011-05-20

By martint15 at 2011-03-27

By martint15 at 2011-02-03

martin lind
    Participant

[/URL]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

By martint15 at 2012-04-17

By martint15 at 2012-04-17

Jamie Baldwin
    Participant
    • Topics: 6
    • Replies: 31

Nice knives !! you’re gonna be a busy man with the W.E.
    Post pics of the final results after using your W.E. please.

Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

Beautiful! Definitely not what I would classify as “typical Swedish”. Very interested to see the “after” pictures as well.

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

tcmeyer
    Participant
    • Topics: 38
    • Replies: 2095

Great collection! Do you make any of your own knives? I used to dabble with it, but I got too old too quick.

Got my Wicked Edge about 6-7 months ago. After 40+ years of hand sharpening, it’s an eye opener.

Contrary to the demo video, I recommend sweeping away from the edge instead of into it. I think there’s a danger of applying too much pressure and breaking diamond grit out of the substrate. I’ve wrecked a couple of diamond bench stones this way. Using the WE sharpener showed me it’s not necessary to drive the edge into the stone. Sweeping backwards does not leave a burr.

Last week I touched up our kitchen knives and went a little too far. Scary sharp! I should buy stock in Band-Aids. Better to stop at about 800 grit – maybe even 600.

Good luck with your new rig.

wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

Beautiful!

-Clay

martin lind
    Participant

no i dont make the blades myself, i send a drawing to blade makers and they do it for me, i put on the scales and do leather/kydex sheats for them. I want to start grinding my own blades and maybe sometime i will doing that.

(Definitely not what I would classify as “typical Swedish”) no when im started doing knives i was just doing swedish knives but i got tired of it, now its 90% full tang knives im doing.

thanks all

Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

no i dont make the blades myself, i send a drawing to blade makers and they do it for me, i put on the scales

Hey Martin,

I’ve thought of doing that myself and have seen how they do that in Laguiole. Basically they “just” use a belt grinder to shape the scales after they fixed them to the blade. Is that how you do it?

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

martin lind
    Participant

i mostley juse files and sandpaper after i saw out the shape of the scales, its many ways to do it but in the end its the finish that counts 🙂

martin lind
    Participant

i went to the post office today and got something:P
    im in love….had to take it out to the forest and try it direct. it chopps great and the best is that it doesnt feel anything in the hand ore arm, i could go on forever, dam what a knife.
    the sheat is made of all wood and is beautiful. im happy:silly:

By martint15 at 2012-04-18

martin lind
    Participant

today im started on a chef knife with vg10 steel, 3pins and 2 of them are hollow. the scales are spalted birch. I think it will come out nice::blush: more pictures after the work tomorrow.
    martin
    [/URL]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

wickededge
    Keymaster

Very nice. Can you give me some pointer for attaching scales with pins? I have to put a handle a my new Farid knife.

-Clay

-Clay

martin lind
    Participant

Clay:
    this is almost like im doing my full tang knives.5.16min in the movie.

often i glue one scale and drill for the pin than glue the other side and drill through both scales and the knifeblade last thing glue the pins before am starting sanding for final shape.everybody does diferent, but mostly i want the scales shape/form as close as they will be when finnish before i glue them.
    sorry for my bad english:blush:
    martin

martin lind
    Participant

and here is another video….it helps to have a sander and a pillar drill and go very slow and dont stress:whistle: its very nice to se the knife slowly turn into a thing that you are proud of making;)

wickededge
    Keymaster

Thank you, that was really helpful. I feel a lot more confident about adding the scales to my Farid Mule.

-Clay

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.