Advanced Search

July 4th, 2018: How are you using your knifes today?

Recent Forums Main Forum Off Topic July 4th, 2018: How are you using your knifes today?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Marc H
    • Topics: 74
    • Replies: 2735

Happy 4th of July 2018 to all Wicked Edge Forum members and our Wicked Sharp community:

This is how I’m gonna celebrate in sunny central west coast Florida

Traeger-Smoker-July-4-2018

4-Racks-on-the-Traeger-4th-July-2018
    How are you using you knifes today?

I hope you all enjoy our independence day.

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

Attachments:
    3 users thanked author for this post.
    Marc H
    • Topics: 74
    • Replies: 2735

To bring it back to a knife centered, forum.  I cut the finished ribs with a Hattori FH Western Deba VG10 knife 165mm.

Finished-Ribs-July-4-2018

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

Attachments:
    1 user thanked author for this post.
    David
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 37

Happy 4th Marc Ribs look good!

2 users thanked author for this post.
    tcmeyer
    Participant
    • Topics: 38
    • Replies: 2095

It’s getting to be a tradition.  I did three racks of baby-backs too.  ‘Cept I start with a dry rub (Wild Willy’s Wonderful rub) and steam the ribs in a stoneware casserole dish with about a cup of water and sealed with aluminum foil.  After 2.25 hours, I take off the foil and slather them with Sweet Baby Ray’s Original, then cook ’em anout twenty minutes at 350F.

I cut them apart with my cheapest 8″ Chicago Cutlery chef’s knife.  Tried not to touch the sides but I knew I’d have to tune it up on the WEPS.  Ugly.  But the ribs were great down at Lake Michigan for the fireworks.

Organic
    Participant
    • Topics: 17
    • Replies: 929

I used my knives to cut and apple and to open plastic bags containing Ikea hardware for a new bed frame that I assembled. I made home made pizza for dinner, so not too many knife use opportunities with that meal.

wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

I used one of my Takeda knives (super blue steel) to cut up a fruit salad, then my pocket knife (Spyderco Manix 2) to cut rope around the yard for tethering some young trees and also to remove a splinter in my palm.

-Clay

• This reply was modified 5 years, 9 months ago by wickededge.
    1 user thanked author for this post.
    tcmeyer
    Participant
    • Topics: 38
    • Replies: 2095

Tonight I took my aforementioned abused chef’s knife to my Gen 3 Pro and did a 16 dps convex on it.  I can’t believe how much sharper the convex edges seem to be when compared to a straight bevel edge.  If I can ever get my workstation cleaned up enough for company, I’ll do a video on it.

Lovin’ this Gen 3 Pro!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.