Advanced Search

Jende Industries WEPS Videos

Recent Forums Main Forum Knife Photos Jende Industries WEPS Videos

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

Tararara…

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

Jende Industries
    Participant
    • Topics: 14
    • Replies: 342

Here she is! Lapping the Shapton and Chosera WEPS stones using the Wicked Edge diamond plates as well as using the full size Atoma plates for lapping.

Enjoy!

Mark76
    Participant

Thanks a lot Tom! Very useful! Particularly for someone who has doubted whether the WEPS diamond stones are suitable for lapping… Glad to know they are (although not ideal, but lapping plates are further away on my shopping list).

Tomorrow I’ll lap my Choseras for the first time in their life! :cheer:

(And, uh, do you do requests, too? I know a particular type of stone I would love to see a sharpening video about… B) )

Jende Industries
    Participant
    • Topics: 14
    • Replies: 342

Good luck on the lapping! as you saw from the WEPS diamonds, it can take a little time – just go slow until all the pencil marks go away.

I’m open to requests, BTW 🙂

Mark76
    Participant

Lapping the Choseras was a breeze! It works quite well with the 1000 grit stones. As you show in the video, if you go slow, it is no problem at all. And even though I went slow, it actually did not take very long time. Fortunately the matrix binder is not too hard.

I was wondering whether it is also possible (well, useful) to lap the WEPS ceramic stones. They do not show a lot of wear yet, but maybe a little bit. And those stones do get dirty. Ajax or other any abrasive doesn’t really get them clean. Then again, the matrix binder in the WEPS ceramics seems very hard and I don’t know whether lapping the stones is useful or will even do harm to the stones.

I’m open to requests, BTW 🙂

Well… the stones’ name starts with and S and end on an N… It’d be great to be able to see how to use the high-grit ones: how many strokes, what pressure, etc. Since at 15K or even higher you are dealing with a very thin edge, I can imagine you should almost caress the edge with those stones. (On the other hand, you still do want to remove metal.)

Josh
    Participant
    • Topics: 89
    • Replies: 1672

hey tom…. in your video you say towards the end of the 10k to use it without any slurry. it seems like I have seen somewhere recently on one of the forums that the slurry on the choseras (or shaptons, can’t remember) left a smoother more refined edge… have you done any microscope comparisons between the two? I would love to see some pics of the edge finished with a certain # of passes /side w/slurry and then the same passes without slurry 🙂 no rush though!! thanks bro!

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.