Advanced Search

it is my turn

Recent Forums Main Forum Welcome Mat it is my turn

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    tuffy braithwaite
    Participant
    • Topics: 184
    • Replies: 360

really new to W.E., do not even own one yet, but will in a few days.

i will be 68 in 2 months and have been a stone kinda guy for many years with mostly nortons. i upgraded and then tried one of the belt grinders….(which i like) and then to the edgepro pro….(which i like) – edgepro is 2 mo. old….so i am rookie in regards to it.
    bought some great stones from mark and ken for it and plan on doing the same for the W.E. after it arrives.

in my youth i fished and fished and even fished more, then i took a 20year holiday from fishing and have been hunting for gold from the atlantic ocean and chesapeke bay since the mid 90’s with a waterproof metal detector.
    last year i found that many of my neighbors needed their knives sharpened and now i am hooked on the need for greater sharpness…..:)
    most of my knive sharpening items are fish fillet and kitchen and a few hunter and pocket knives, no fancy expensive knives to date…..(that i sharpen)

now back to fishing – two kids…daughter is late 30’s and loves to fish and just moved back to virginia beach after years out west in bolder area, so we have been fishing some – she bought a nice new 23ft boston whaler about 1 year ago and now the saga continues. my son is a few years younger and never got the fishing bug until may and now him and i have bought our own 18ft boston whaler.
    boston whalers have been in our family sinice the late 60’s…..we have owned many kinds.

so you see why i do so many fish fillet knives and bait knives.

when i W.E. arrives, i will be back for some pointers – i have watched so many videos from so many and the accessories and what not they have done or added to their W.E……i am amazed.
    ok – see ya soon
    thanks
    tuffy

Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

Welcome and thanks for the introduction! I guess quite a few people here are outdoors minded and interested in fishing.

Last weekend we had a friend over from the UK who has owned a sushi restaurant in London. He noticed our knives were pretty sharp :-). We had not fish on the menu, but he did some intricate carving on some veggies…

I am sure you’ll find a lot of information and like-minded people here. If you need help, please let me know.

Mark.

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.