Advanced Search

Is this site slow for anyone else?

Recent Forums Main Forum Off Topic Is this site slow for anyone else?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    cbwx34
    Participant
    • Topics: 57
    • Replies: 1505

Just curious if its on my end or what. Seems like most times I click on something, I have to wait a loooooooooong time for it to appear. Not everytime, but more often than not. Sometimes it’s painful. :S Been that way for a couple weeks now.

Anyone else seeing this? I’ve eliminated that it’s the computer (tried different) my internet (tried different), so wonder what the deal is.

Geocyclist
    Participant
    • Topics: 25
    • Replies: 524

Always slow for me. In that the page loads take more than 3-5 seconds. Today it is very slow, maybe 30 seconds per page.

FYI the WE home pages are decent, jus the forum pages are slow.

cbwx34
    Participant

Yea, I just time my last few clicks… it’s between 30-45 seconds to load. And you’re right, it just seems to be the forum pages.

Mark
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 56

Yep, same here. About a minute to load. 🙁

Pinkfloyd
    Participant
    • Topics: 22
    • Replies: 208

Yep, Homepage and Forum extremely slow. Much slower than usual.

Mark
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 56

And now it’s back. Only about two seconds. Must just be an internet traffic jam.

Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

The forum is pretty slow here too. But it’s been that way for a long time, not just the last couple of weeks. In fact, I think the site is a bit faster than it used to be, since I never get half pages or time-out messages. (Unless the tech guy has increased the time-out settings.)

It is indeed mainly the forum. Although in some cases the rest of the site lags a bit, too. I don’t think it is a general internet traffic delay since the rest of the site doesn’t appear to have this problem as much and neither do other sites.

IIRC the tech guy looked into this some time (half a year?) ago and concluded it had something to do with the database or the communication between the webserver and the DBMS. Clay then had plans to upgrade, but I don’t know what ever came of them..

This is an older thread on the topic: http://www.wickededgeusa.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=3&id=2938&Itemid=63#2953

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

Phil Pasteur
    Participant
    • Topics: 10
    • Replies: 944

Just curious if its on my end or what. Seems like most times I click on something, I have to wait a loooooooooong time for it to appear. Not everytime, but more often than not. Sometimes it’s painful. :S Been that way for a couple weeks now.

Anyone else seeing this? I’ve eliminated that it’s the computer (tried different) my internet (tried different), so wonder what the deal is.

All day yesterday is was real bad. A couple of times I walked away waiting for a posting to go…came back and it was still sitting their on the message composition page. I would hit submit…. then some time later I would get warned that my duplicate message had not been posted.

This morning it seems quicker than it has been over the last few months.

Phil

blacksheep25
    Participant
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 68

Yes, between 10 and 30 seconds to load a page. My workaround is to open all the thread I want to read in a new tab for each, the do something else; when I come back a few minutes later, they’re all loaded.

wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

We’ve been on a shared server and there have been a couple of big bandwidth hogs, so says tech support. We’re migrating to a dedicated server tonight so it should speed up a lot.

-Clay

cbwx34
    Participant

Awesome! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: 🙂

Mikedoh
    • Topics: 38
    • Replies: 570

Does the migration to new server require the site being down?
    If so, any idea what the hours may be, roughly speaking?
    Thanks in advance from one of your insomniac members.

wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

From what I understand, the site has been cloned to the new server and the only thing that’s left is the DNS which should happen in the early morning hours.

-Clay

Mikedoh
    • Topics: 38
    • Replies: 570

Much faster now

Geocyclist
    Participant
    • Topics: 25
    • Replies: 524

From what I understand, the site has been cloned to the new server and the only thing that’s left is the DNS which should happen in the early morning hours.

Sweet, much faster now. :cheer:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.