Advanced Search

iPhone App for angle gauge?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Zach Thompson
    Participant
    • Topics: 10
    • Replies: 12

I’m new to the forum and WE. I saw the Accuremote angle gauge accessory for sale on the WE site, and that got me thinking about the level app I have for my iPhone. I was wondering if anybody has used anything like this instead of a real tool designed for the job.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ihandy-level-free/id299852753?mt=8

I know the accuracy is not going to be near as good. My main goal is making sure both sides are at the same angle and that I can repeat it next time, not that my angle = exactly “X” degrees.

There are drawbacks. you can do the left side, and the app will auto rotate, but not on the right. You either have to flip the phone around and read it from the back, or do some subtraction in your head. Also, it’s not magnetic, therefore not hands free. I did find a new feature that I was previously not aware of. If you tap the measurement you can toggle between 1/10th accuracy and 1/1000th.

Anyway, just thought using something free and easy would be better than using nothing and hoping. Thoughts?

cbwx34
    Participant
    • Topics: 57
    • Replies: 1505

I did comparison between an iPhone app and angle gauge… it was pretty consistent, usually right on or within 1/2 degree.

Tom Whittington
    Participant
    • Topics: 4
    • Replies: 159

I have taken to using the Android version and have been very happy with it so far. I figure it’s a good stand in until I get a cube. Thumbs up from me!

Chris
    Participant
    • Topics: 7
    • Replies: 351

I like this one.

http://itunes.apple.com/AU/app/id286215117?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo%3D4 (Aussie link)

Search for Clinometer.

edit-
    “With this tool, the slope can be measured by all edges of the device in every direction.”

Highly recommend this.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.