Advanced Search

Industrial Sharpener

Recent Forums Main Forum Product Announcements Industrial Sharpener

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    tuffy braithwaite
    Participant
    • Topics: 184
    • Replies: 360

please hurry.

Leo Barr
    Participant
    • Topics: 26
    • Replies: 812

What an awesome looking bit of kit perhaps it will spawn a revolution in convectional knife sharpening shops.
    Although I have noticed that people are slow to change in their ways so many chefs just use steels( And I never quite understand the logic of spending so much time every time they pick up a blade- perhaps it becomes almost a nervous release) and many sharpeners just use high speed stone wheels or paper wheels so hopefully it should not take too much business away from the ordinary WE operators.

Kent
    Participant
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 26

A suggestion on the depth gauge. If u make it where the adjustment is at the lever in bottom a threaded system or with notches one handed use. The end used will never have to release the knife to clamp it. Put knife in with right hand, adjust depth with left then clamp with left. That would be ideal for me.

Leo Barr
    Participant
    • Topics: 26
    • Replies: 812

Could the depth gauge -gauges fore & aft perhaps be linked & adjusted with cams & universal joints there could be a fore & aft lever each fitted to a cam to set inclination . This could be one solution another would be a small hydraulic ram under each gauge which would probable be both a simpler & cheaper solution.

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.