Advanced Search

I have 2 sets of Henckel knife sets

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Kenneth
    Participant
    • Topics: 26
    • Replies: 33

They are both international sets and the larger blades are different. One set is just straight flat blades. The other set the wider blades have these oval shapes on the blades. What are they?

Attachments:
    Mikedoh
    • Topics: 38
    • Replies: 568

Supposed to reduce sticking of food to the blade. Don’t have any, so can’t say how well it works.

MarcH
    • Topics: 74
    • Replies: 2733

All of those six knives top to bottom with the exception of the third knife down appear to be serrated edged knives.  I don’t like to sharpen serrated knives if your intention is to totally remove the serrations.  I like to believe these knives were made originally, by the knife maker, as serrated knives for a reason.  Maybe that steel just works better with serrations then a “V” beveled edge.  If this steel cuts well with a “V” grind bevel they probably would have been made that way.

The dimples on the first and the third knives are called hollow grinds.  Like “Mikedoh” said those low spots are intended to help reduce food sticking to the sides of the knife blades.

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

Kenneth
    Participant
    • Topics: 26
    • Replies: 33

One person selling the knives with plain blade with no dimples in the blade is saying how much better the plain blade is

airscapes
    Participant
    • Topics: 18
    • Replies: 367

My wife says they make stuff stick more rather than less.. personal preference or maybe some knife skill that make the dimples work better??

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.