Advanced Search

How to mount base?

Recent Forums Main Forum Getting Started How to mount base?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Josh-L
    Participant
    • Topics: 6
    • Replies: 13

Total noob question but I can’t figure out how to mount my WE120 to the paperstone base. The base came with two small washers but no screws. There was two screws in the WE120 package but aren’t long enough when used in conjunction with the washers. Am I doing something obviously wrong? Missing the proper screws? Feeling annoyed….

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Marc H
    • Topics: 74
    • Replies: 2735

Are the screws the correct thread to fit the base, just too short?  Do the screw’s length fit OK if you skip the washers? If they are correct then you may have been sent too short a screw.  In that case I’d be out the door to my local store to find some longer screws. I think you would want to use the washers to distribute the stress around the hole and not dig into the paperstone even though paperstone it’s very tough.

Sorry your having this experience when you want to be using your new sharpener.

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

developer (ChrisB)
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 52
    • Replies: 263

Hi Josh, I wish I knew the correct answer, but I don’t. I’d say this is one to place a call to the support line, Toll Free: (877) 616-9911.

Working to make knife.wickededgeusa.com a great forum!

wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

Total noob question but I can’t figure out how to mount my WE120 to the paperstone base. The base came with two small washers but no screws. There was two screws in the WE120 package but aren’t long enough when used in conjunction with the washers. Am I doing something obviously wrong? Missing the proper screws? Feeling annoyed….

Hi Josh,

The screws should have been in the package. Pleasee provide your order number and we’ll get some on the way to you asap.

-Clay

Marc H

Josh-L, I sent you a private message.  Point your cursor arrow to your name on the very upper right of the screen to get the drop down menu, go to messages then in-box.  Hope it helps.

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

Jacob
    Participant
    • Replies: 24

Just got a 120 about a month ago. Mine also wouldn’t work with the washers

amd is exactly as you described. I just mounted it without the washers and it worked fine. This is what I did:

Attachments:
    Josh-L
    Participant
    • Replies: 13

Yeah I ended up using those screws without the washers and it appears to be working.  I think over time though it may wollar (redneck term I think lol) out those holes maybe.  But maybe not.  This paperstone stuff seems pretty tough.  I PM’d Clay so maybe the screws he sends will fit better.

wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

@Josh-L I misread the original post. The screws are the right ones. The issue is that the bases vary in thickness, so we include the washer in case it’s necessary but it isn’t required to use.

-Clay

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Marc H

A little note printed on a sticker then affixed to the little bag holding the hardware would be helpful.  I experienced the same situation a while back when I received my Gen 3 Pro.  I too assumed if it was included it was meant to be used.

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

3 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.