Advanced Search

Help adjusting please!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Ron
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 0

I know this has been asked before I just bought the 130 kit what extra or strops do I need just for hunting knives and edc knives any help is appreciated thanks

Marc H
    • Topics: 74
    • Replies: 2735

Welcome to the Wicked Edge Forum, Ron.  I use strops as my last medium or finishing step for every kind of knives I sharpen with my W.E. setups.

The W.E. “Knowledge Base” is a great place to start when looking for the answers to your new user’s basic sharpening questions:  https://support.wickededgeusa.com/portal/en/kb/articles/leather-and-balsa-strop-instructions.  The Knowledge Base can be accessed by clicking the link at the very top right corner of your browser page.

There are also many helpful YouTube videos for new W.E. users: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YwJAZv8w8c&t=137s. This video I linked is an oldie but a good one made by a very experienced W.E. user who happens to also be a licensed W.E. dealer.  Just include the words “with a Wicked Edge” or “on a Wicked Edge” in each of your searches to narrow it down.

Another helpful method I often suggest is a well worded “Google” search.  Try this search, for example: Stropping on a wicked edge sharpener.  This Google search method yields many helpful links for W.E. forum posts along with YouTube videos, also.  Just enter the searches then scroll down the resulting pages as you read the titles and the sources where these search results can be found.

Right now you don’t really know what you don’t know….After you read up on the subject at hand and watch a few videos, it’ll help you to understand or familiarize the basics of that particular technique or subject you’re inquiring.  In your case “stropping with Wicked Edge sharpeners”.  Then you can narrow it down to ask a more specific question which we’ll gladly try to answer here.

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.