Advanced Search

Hello from Texas!

Recent Forums Main Forum Welcome Mat Hello from Texas!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    000Robert
    Participant
    • Topics: 7
    • Replies: 406

Hello everyone! My WE is on it’s way home to me. I have been perusing the forum here for awhile already though. I would like to say thanks to everyone that spends their time helping us newer guys out with their knowledge and expertise. And thanks to Clay and everyone for the help with the knowledge base and the forum here also. I can’t wait till my WE gets here and I can get started making some perfectly sharp and beautiful edges!

1 user thanked author for this post.
    tcmeyer
    Participant
    • Topics: 38
    • Replies: 2095

Welcome aboard, Robert!  As you become familiar with your WEPS, remember that there’s a wealth of knowledge here on the forum and in the “Knowledge Base” section you’ll find at the far upper right corner of the website pages.

As you become comfortable with your rig, consider being a contributing member of this forum.  There’s a regular turnover in active forum members and we can always use a little more diversity and fresh ideas.  You’ll find that even after several years, there is always new stuff to learn.  This is my tenth year and I’m still learning.

As you may have noticed, this is a unique forum in that courtesy and sharing are the driving principles.  The hosting site owner is Clay Allison, who owns Wicked Edge and to my knowledge has never objected to criticism of his products or praise of his competitors’ products.  He encourages open exchange of ideas in the belief that it ultimately engenders positive growth for his company.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    000Robert
    Participant
    • Topics: 7
    • Replies: 406

Thanks, tcmeyer! Yep, I have been studying a lot here to get a jump on sharpening for when my WE130 gets here! I forgot that the finger guards did not come standard and didn’t order any, so I’ll take it extra slow. I wouldn’t be in a hurry much anyway.
    Everybody here seems nice and professional. I am also subscribed(same username) to BF and some gun forums. Everyone has been great there also. The people in the knife and gun forums are the best hands down, bar none! I have only been surfing the web for about 11 or 12 years now even though I am fixing to hit 60 years old.
    I love to experiment and will be happy to share my findings and help newer WE customers as I gain knowledge and experience.

Attachments:
    1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.