Advanced Search

Hello from Scotland.

Recent Forums Main Forum Welcome Mat Hello from Scotland.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Dowdnet
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 2

Hi All.

I am very new to the world of Sharpening things, but have always appreciated a good blade. look forward to getting to know you all .

Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

Hi Dowdnet, welcome to the forum! I don’t know if you have a WEPS already, but please don’t hesitate to ask any questions here. And where in Scotland do you live? It’s one of my favorite countries or areas (I should be careful here 🙂 ) and I love visiting it in the summer.

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Dowdnet

Hi Mark76, thanks for the welcome. I have WE and absolutely love it. The Aberdeen area is home and please don’t be careful I am British of Scottish birth. What about yourself I notice the Dutch flag funny I am a big fan of the Dutch. worked with allot over the years always a polite and professional bunch and good fun on a night out.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Mark76
    Participant

Great you love the WEPS. And haha, yes, I’m Dutch and I live in the middle of the country (The Netherlands), near Utrecht. We’re almost in the same time zone, I can see from the time of your reply 🙂 . A lot of the regulars here (from the USA) are still sleeping, I think. I visited Aberdeen once, for a conference, so I didn’t have much time to look at the city, but what I saw was pretty impressive and ancient, including St. Machar’s Cathedral. My favorite Scottish city is Edingbrough, which I’ve visited a couple of times. And I love the Scottish mountains. (Certainly for someone from the Netherlands these are mountains and not hills.) Thanks for your nice words about the Dutch culture. I hear that more often from foreigners (to me), but that also means a bit boring sometimes. Definitely on a night out the Scottish can beat most Dutch 🙂 .

tcmeyer
    Participant
    • Topics: 38
    • Replies: 2095

I’ve done a lot of travelling (on business) over the years, but only once visited the Netherlands (Gennep) for a few days and never got to the UK except to change planes on the way to somewhere else.  Sure wish I could have spent more time in both countries.  Welcome aboard, Dowdnet!

Marc H
    • Topics: 74
    • Replies: 2735

Welcome to our Wicked Edge Forum, Dowdnet!

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

David
    Participant
    • Replies: 37

Welcome Dowdnet. The forum has a lot of information and everyone is very nice and helpful. I am a new member here and new to wicked edge. Some what new to sharping also.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Dowdnet

Thank you all for the welcome.

Only had my WE for a couple of months and now have the sharpest kitchen knifes on my street. well I think they are sharp, looking at the posts I have allot to learn and improve on.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    sksharp
    Participant
    • Topics: 9
    • Replies: 408

Welcome Sir, glad your here on this forum and from my experience when I first started with the WE the edges that I was able to get right away were better than I could of hoped for…and they got better and better…pretty cool.

Mark76
    Participant

I’ve done a lot of travelling (on business) over the years, but only once visited the Netherlands (Gennep) for a few days and never got to the UK except to change planes on the way to somewhere else.

LOL, that’s funny Tom. You travelled all the way from the USA to… Gennep. I happen to live in this country and because it is so small, I know most of its municipalities by heart. But I had to look up Gennep. I’m wondering what is there that is so interesting that somebody would make the effort to travel there. Even Wikipedia does not give a hint 🙂 .

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.