Advanced Search

Heart Bleed

Recent Forums Main Forum Off Topic Heart Bleed

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Leo Barr
    Participant
    • Topics: 26
    • Replies: 812

Strong warning going around the net about this virus
    .http://blogs.computerworld.com/cybercrime-and-hacking/23779/apple-has-no-heart-bleed?source=CTWNLE_nlt_pm_2014-04-11
    as usual effecting more the windows and android platforms but everyone needs to be aware of it and it is suggested changing passwords hopefully this site is on top of it but it may be worth considering changing passwords for everything and hopefully most of the members are not using one password for virtually everything (my wife does accept for the bank )I have more than 400 different passwords .
    There are plenty of password apps that will create and memorise passwords for you – Apple safari has a built in password app although I use 1Password to manage my passwords notes etc (it is a paid app but has an iPhone /iPad version so works across all Apple devices. There are free apps for windows like Roboform which will create and manage your passwords .
    I am not sure if the web masters on this site have secured against Heart bleed so if in doubt renew the passwords .

Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

The server is safe again. When I tested it a couple of days ago, when the news just came out, the site was indeed vulnerable. But apparently it has been patched immediately. This is not a matter of the WE webmaster, by the way, but of the website hoster. (Two thirds of all web servers in the world were exposed to the bug.)

But indeed, if you entered your password in the last couple of days, it may be worthwhile to change it.

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.