Advanced Search

Hairdresser & Barber Scissors?

Recent Forums Main Forum Sharpening as a Business Hairdresser & Barber Scissors?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    G-man
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 1

Hi all,

I’m just investigating the Wicked Edge and what are it’s limitations (if any) for sharpening Barber & Hairdresser Stylist/Salon scissors? I know there is an add-on that can be purchased and I’ve seen a few videos of it in use on Youtube but I’m still unclear, can the Wicked Edge handle all types of convex edges, bevel edges and serrated edges? Please keep in mind I know next to nothing about these types of scissors – I’m just trying to understand my potential markets if I bought (for example) a Generation 3 Pro.

Thanks!

Marc H
    • Topics: 74
    • Replies: 2735

Good expensive hair shears can have special convex or hollow ground edges. These require special sharpening techniques. I have a lot of experience using my WE130. I would not sharpen these hair shears. Basic straight flat household scissors are a much easier job. Many of these common scissors are easily done with a W.E. and the scissor adapter.

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

1 user thanked author for this post.
    G-man
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 1

Thanks MarcH. Do you happen to know of any systems that do similar to the Wicked Edge for barber/hairdresser scissors? I would love to find a manual tool for sharpening them..

Marc H
    • Topics: 74
    • Replies: 2735

To be clear…it’s not so much the W.E. as the skill or sharpening knowledge needed about how to properly sharpen these types of scissors; barber/hair shears.  But for high end, real quality shears I read there are special trained and certified sharpeners. I have no clue if one of the experienced sharpener persons might be able to do it with a W.E., Google it.

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.