Advanced Search

Giving a shout out to Oldawan Tools

Recent Forums Main Forum Sharpening as a Business Giving a shout out to Oldawan Tools

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Jeff Hamilton
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 3

I’ve purchased every bit of my WE system from Bob and he’s always fantastic to work with. Started with the PP1, then upgraded arms, ceramic stones, balsa/ leather strops…..maybe I should stop there before my wife sees this! 🙂

Leo Barr
    Participant
    • Topics: 26
    • Replies: 812

Yes otherwise you will have to buy her an expensive handbag !

Ken Buzbee
    Participant
    • Topics: 14
    • Replies: 393

Yes otherwise you will have to buy her an expensive handbag !

If only it stopped at a handbag….. 😉

Ken

… and I totally agree. Bob rocks it!

Gib Curry
    Participant
    • Topics: 18
    • Replies: 240

Here’s another shout out to Bob… He runs a jam up business that all of us could take notes from!

Like the man said, here’s another shout out to Bob…… and the fine folks at WickedEdge.

Over the holidays, my nephew visited. Having already heard of the WE, I set up his new Spyderco. When we used the angle cube to set the angles, he tightened the left fine adjusting screw so tight it stripped the threads and, essentially, rendered the left side fine adjustment useless.

$eeing as this was so definitely NOT a warranty issue. $o, I emailed Bob with some photos of exactly what was wrong and what needed replacing and asked him how much the damage was going to co$t me.

He wrote back that he’d contacted WickedEdge and they were going to replace it under warranty. Three days later the part showed up and I am back to full functionality.

I don’t recall how many times I had to remind Bob that I knew this isn’t a warranty issue but user abuse. And, he and the folks at WE all seem to insist that it be covered under warranty.

That’s service above and beyond the call.

I came for the Wicked Edges; I stay to help support this family of sharpeners….

Thanks for everything….

~~~~
    For Now,

Gib

Φ

"Everyday edge for the bevel headed"

"Things work out best for those who make the best out of the way things work out."

Eamon Mc Gowan
    Participant
    • Topics: 17
    • Replies: 513

Okay, I have to give one more shout out to Bob. Last week after ordering new 400/600 stones it mad me realize that I had wore out my 100/200 stones. The 400’s were more coarse then my 100’s. So I left Bob a voice mail (VM) Friday Eve to drop them in the mail to me. Well Saturday night I realized I had made a boo boo in my checking account and I had to put the brakes on now! So I left anther VM Sunday “wait till Monday as I have to get to the bank”.
    Bob called back to my VM on Monday and said ” I put them in the mail and we could get to the checking account latter he just wanted to make sure I had them in case I needed them”.
    Now obviously I have had to work my way up to this relationship with Bob, but I have to tell you customer service just does not get any better then Bob and Oldawan Tools! If everyone ran their companies like Bob runs his company, this would be a totally different and better world! :woohoo:

David Hill
    Participant
    • Topics: 4
    • Replies: 38

Bob is awesome!!! He lives and breaths customer service. He doesn’t even have to try, it’s just his nature.

Davidghemail

John Haley
    Participant
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 32

I’m another very happy WE customer because of the service at both Oldawan and also Wicked Edge. When an ordered item did not become available when promised, Bob had it shipped to me via WE. When a minor defect in a small item was found, the same prompt action was forthcoming. Being as this was in my first two weeks in the Wicked Edge/Oldawan family, you can bet that future purchases will be from this, already trusted, source. Thanks.

Ryan
    Participant
    • Topics: 13
    • Replies: 21

Well…bought my WES from Bob, then ordered the ceramics from him just before Christmas and I’ll be a son-of-a-gun if he didn’t contact me today regarding the 50/80 diamonds. Geez Bob you’re a master of getting money out of me.

I have more things on my “wish” list but this time I’m going to keep it a secret because if I “confide” in Bob he ends up selling it to me. Funny how that works. Bob, it is pleasure to be one of your customers sir!

Ryan

Eamon Mc Gowan
    Participant
    • Topics: 17
    • Replies: 513

Geez Bob you’re a master of getting money out of me.

Yeah it almost funny, but I have found myself paying more money for a given product just to get the extra customer service from a company! I know in my own life as a career salesman the keys to success was hard work and provide customer service beyond the call of duty. Bob has them both!

Mikedoh
    • Topics: 38
    • Replies: 568

For some time, have found it beneficial to purchase from those that stand behind their product and provide customer service. Bought my pp2 from Clay. Great response when I went thru proper channels.

I purchased an M-Edge case for my ipad a couple years ago. Not cheap. Initial case didn’t wake up ipad upon opening. Was replaced within days of notifying. Have dropped the case several times, corner brackets held, but were chipped. Asked replacement cost, received new plastic frame in days. Gratis.

Gets my attention, as it does to those that don’t back their product.

Robert Nash
    Participant
    • Topics: 5
    • Replies: 164

Hey there and thanks everyone for the shouts :blush: and your business :woohoo: ! Leo emailed me a while ago and mentioned the thread and I’m just getting around to looking (suppose to be working on the household budget right now to make sure the ends are meeting but just can’t bring myself to do it tonight – don’t tell Emily :whistle:) This really means a lot to me – glad to be able to help so many folks out getting sharp and shiny edges!!!!

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.